How BAD is EDGE? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How BAD is EDGE?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ScrappyDoo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:45 pm

I actually think Edge is a great buy low. After this week, his value will be pretty low. But it was obvious that he was going to do next to nothing especially after they took the early lead. The Bears knew they were handing him the ball. So he was tackled for a loss several times.

But hes still getting a crap load of carries.

Give him that many carries against Oakland and he should have around 120 yards not to mention receptions. I think hes going to have a huge week next week and again against Green Bay.

At the least, Id buy low, reap the benefits of his upcoming soft schedule, and sell high before he faces real defenses again.
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:This boils down to Denny Green and a horrid offensive line. The holes were there in that first drive and for a moment, I thought maybe Edge's fortune in AZ would turn around..but next drive, the AZ OLine was back up to their old tricks. Hell, they pass blocked until the 4th quarter when the RT decided he wasn't going to block that Linebacker and let Leinart get blindsided. No RB in the league could have succeded behind that line when there are LB's in your face right at the line of scrimmage.

how could you even blame denny, some things dont fall on a coach....he was up big in the 2nd half, thats what you do is run the ball, no yardage, oh well you take time off...had he kept throwing it and leinart was picked or they went 3 and out with no time off he woulda caught more flack, time is your enemy so you keep running, he did what he should of....

he cant stop rackers missing fg's, or the line missing a DE completely

I thought coaches were supposed to call plays that go to players strengths..and teach players to block. Why run Edge through the middle when you have the worst linemen in the league? Edge saw a little success running draws and sweeps..so why not run those?
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Man, I'm just surprised Edge has positive yardage this year. I mean the guy has to break two tackles just to make positive yardage most of the game. Add up all those runs for a loss, and it is tough to get your ypc up to a normal level.

Hypothetical
6, -1, 5, -3

4 carries for 7 yards. He now needs a 8 yard carry on his fifth carry of the game to get him to paltry 3.0 yards per carry. Even though they ran him 3 straight times and he got a first time in the process. YPC doesn't equal success, especially if you are getting dropped for losses.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:27 pm

Edge = good
Arizona Oline = bottom feeders

Anybody see Oliver Ross' total brain fart? As a right tackle, my guess would be that you're supposed to look right to see if there's any rushes from that side. Instead, he moved inside to help block a guy who was already double blocked. Sack. Fumble. Fumble recovery. TD. THAT was the beginning of the end for the cards.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:47 pm

He was one of those players along with Jordan, Owens, and Palmer who I put low enough on my cheat sheet that I would never have the opportunity to draft him. Arizona's offense is built for the pass, not the run. They should throw to James out of the backfield or just use Shipp more who proved he can perform in the system (is he even there?).
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:55 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I've actually been impressed with Edge this year in his ability to make something out of nothing.

He's made nothing out of nothing. Ronnie Brown has impressed me with his ability tomake something out of nothing, shaking guys off and making guys miss in the backfield and spinning off them for a 1 yard gain many times a game, whereas Edge's usually result in nobody missing at any point during the play and him kind of just falling over. The fins line is every bit as bad (probably worse) as the the Cards' line. Brown actually has those runs where you just want to say "wow, that was a heckuva run to only pick up a yard and a half", I've seen little to none of that out of Edge.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:09 pm

running backs are running backs, except in the rarest of cases. it's all about the oline.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cheezitz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:00 pm

Wow lots of hate in here. The value of Egde was at its highest in Ind because he has good vision and blocks well. Therefore he could block for Manning. With Manning being a huge threat, Defenses couldnt pile on the run. That would give Egde time to get up to speed when running the ball. Arizona doesnt have a great line to block with. They also dont hav the respect of Manning, Warner is getting old and has suffered many concusions, and Leinart is a rookie. If Leinart earns his respect, Egde will be able to pick it up quickly.

Help Please: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=286454
cheezitz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

How BAD is EDGE?

Postby kemper5 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Id be surprised in Oak if he breaks 70 yards rushing.. I can also see Arrington in there more now.. Arrington did a far better job in the limited time he had last night.. Green knows the best bet to get a win is through Lainart and the WR's and I can see the Cards passing more as well.. All in all I think Edge is a 15th to 20th ranked type mediocre very very average RB and that is it...
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Re: How BAD is EDGE?

Postby Humpback » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:39 pm

kemper5 wrote:Id be surprised in Oak if he breaks 70 yards rushing.. I can also see Arrington in there more now.. Arrington did a far better job in the limited time he had last night.. Green knows the best bet to get a win is through Lainart and the WR's and I can see the Cards passing more as well.. All in all I think Edge is a 15th to 20th ranked type mediocre very very average RB and that is it...

How about a PBC for 70 yds. this week? This is the 2nd post I've seen about JJ- give me a break. He had 2 carries and 2 receptions last night- yeah, he looked great. I can't even say he stinks because their line is so bad, but his failure is the reason they brought in Edge in the first place.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Football Talk