Can Reggie Brown Become A Top 10 WR??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can Reggie Brown Become A Top 10 WR???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can Reggie Brown Become A Top 10 WR???

Postby Purple Allegiance » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 pm

Reggie Brown looked very good on Sunday, and has been pretty consistent with solid fantasy numbers so far. He was a popular sleeper pick before the season, but after the trade for Stallworth his value took a hit. Now that Stallworth is constantly battling hammy problems and Brown has emerged as the # 1 wideout, as an owner I am hoping he can continue his play with McNabb. Any chance he becomes the breakout receiver of the year?
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bulger2holt » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:49 pm

it really depends on stallworth. when stallworth comes back, im sure browns numbers will go back down just like before. Might be a good time to trade brown.
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:02 pm

You can't depend on ANY Eagles receivers, McNabb spreads the ball around way too much. Whoever is open will have the big week. Before this week the Eagles played 5 games and had 5 different players lead the team in receiveing each game.

Sunday was the second time for Brown
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44 am

EagleFan68 wrote:You can't depend on ANY Eagles receivers, McNabb spreads the ball around way too much. Whoever is open will have the big week. Before this week the Eagles played 5 games and had 5 different players lead the team in receiveing each game.

Sunday was the second time for Brown

Exactly. Now's the time to sell high on Brown.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby pangbones » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:59 am

I agree. They spread it around, and he likely won't be consistent enough to be a top 10 WR. But if Stallworth misses enough time, he certainly could. He's the #1 option right now, and will be as long as Stallworth isn't playing.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:01 am

well the spread it around, that's for sure.

But as it stands now, he is a top 10 fantasy receiver. (Not that he should keep it up).

But, out of 6 games, he only had one bad game by fantasy purposes, and he could definitely be in the 900/1000 range with 8 td's, which is still worthwhile to have. Of course, if you can parlay him into something worth more than that, based on someone else's optimism, you take it.

I mean the guy did lead all rookie receivers last year, playing without the benefit of donovan for the most part, and amid the worst year for the team under Reid. The guy does have some talent.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:19 am

pangbones wrote:I agree. They spread it around, and he likely won't be consistent enough to be a top 10 WR. But if Stallworth misses enough time, he certainly could. He's the #1 option right now, and will be as long as Stallworth isn't playing.

I agree... but with Stallworth in they are both top 20 for sure.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ScrappyDoo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:35 am

If Stallworth loses significant time I can see him being top 15-20. Not top 10.
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk