Is Arizona the Worst Franchise Ever?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Arizona the Worst Franchise Ever??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:22 am

How hilarious would it be next week if Arizona and Oakland tied 0-0? :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

i

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:27 am

What a depressing time to be a Cardinals season ticket holder and fan, all I can say is boy am I gald Suns Season is here! Did anyone hear Denny Green's press conference? I did, that was crazy, he blew up. Can someone hook me up with a clip of that?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Ditka in '04 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:21 am

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15297338/

video is on the right side
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:24 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
matmat wrote:my candidate is:

Raiders, Oakland.

seconded.

Thirdededed
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:39 am

stomperrob wrote:They're starting to build the nucleus of a good team, but hopefully they lose just enough games that Denny Green gets fired - that's their only hope for a bright future!

Honestly, don't blame Denny. I will say that he's hardheaded and not the greatest coach, but this is not his fault. The worst mistake he's made (and continues to make) is not swallowing his pride and admitting that Leonard Davis just isn't a tackle and moving him back to guard.

If you want to blame someone, blame the Bidwills... The most inept ownership in pro sports. What's funny is they spent all this money on Edge, still had $10+M in cap room, and didn't give him an O-line...

I'll agree they're pathetic, but it's not all on Denny Green.

PS I live in Phoenix so I hear all about the Cards. Not that I'm a Cards fan, because I'm not. But I do listen to sports radio and it's Card talk a lot of the time...
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:13 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
matmat wrote:my candidate is:

Raiders, Oakland.

seconded.

Thirdededed

Fourthed!
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:47 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
stomperrob wrote:They're starting to build the nucleus of a good team, but hopefully they lose just enough games that Denny Green gets fired - that's their only hope for a bright future!

Honestly, don't blame Denny. I will say that he's hardheaded and not the greatest coach, but this is not his fault. The worst mistake he's made (and continues to make) is not swallowing his pride and admitting that Leonard Davis just isn't a tackle and moving him back to guard.

If you want to blame someone, blame the Bidwills... The most inept ownership in pro sports. What's funny is they spent all this money on Edge, still had $10+M in cap room, and didn't give him an O-line...

I'll agree they're pathetic, but it's not all on Denny Green.

PS I live in Phoenix so I hear all about the Cards. Not that I'm a Cards fan, because I'm not. But I do listen to sports radio and it's Card talk a lot of the time...

I agree the Bidwells are legendary for being terrible owners. I've never been a Denny Green fan though - didn't like him in Minnesota either, should have accomplished more with that team - I've always thought he was kind of a big windbag whose bark was worse than his bite. He promised 2 years ago to build an O-line in Arizona and still hasn't figured out how to do it. I really think the Cards just need a few more pieces to put the puzzle together but I honestly don't think Denny is the guy to take this team to the next level.
Since you live in Phoenix I'd be interested to hear what the locals think of Denny - is his support fairly strong there among both the fans and the media?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:12 pm

They aren't even the worst team in the league this year- not even close, so in conclusion, no they are not the worst team ever.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GMoney » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:29 pm

i think a more appropriate phrase for what the initial author of this post was trying to say is...

"worst FRANCHISE ever?" considering he has mentioned the historical ineptitude of the cards.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:49 pm

I think they playcallers got a bit too much of the blame in this one. They threw, and the Bears returned a fumble for a touchdown. They ran, and the Bears returned a fumble for a touchdown. They sat on it, and the Bears returned a fumble for a touchdown. What were they supposed to do?

Everyone knows that if that 3rd touchdown had come on the back of an INT or another Leinart fumble rather than punt return everyone would have been saying how stupid it was to try and throw when the Bears offense hadn't moved the ball all night.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk