Two weeks in a freaking row!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Two weeks in a freaking row!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby waterproof » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:33 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:A guy in one of my leagues 3 years ago lost to homefield advantage in a tie (regular season).

It was like 95.78 to 95.78. Both benches had equal number of points too it like 42.1 each (first tie-breaker). Crazy crazy game, man the arguments over that one were heated. We took out homefield advantage as a tie breaker the following year.

Whats wrong with just having a tie :-?

If the game gets through the list of tiebreakers than it is a tie. At some point in the season, you need tiebreakers to figure out who makes the playoffs and who doesn't, why not have individual game tiebreakers?

I have a tie in each of my yahoo leagues. They go down in the records as ties... It's pretty easy to see who's ranked where.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:37 pm

waterproof wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:A guy in one of my leagues 3 years ago lost to homefield advantage in a tie (regular season).

It was like 95.78 to 95.78. Both benches had equal number of points too it like 42.1 each (first tie-breaker). Crazy crazy game, man the arguments over that one were heated. We took out homefield advantage as a tie breaker the following year.

If the game gets through the list of tiebreakers than it is a tie. At some point in the season, you need tiebreakers to figure out who makes the playoffs and who doesn't, why not have individual game tiebreakers?

I have a tie in each of my yahoo leagues. They go down in the records as ties... It's pretty easy to see who's ranked where.

I think you completely missed his point.

He's not saying that they can't figure out the records when there's a tie, he's saying if there are tiebreakers in one aspect, why not have tiebreakers in others?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:38 am

Free Bagel wrote:
waterproof wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

I think you completely missed his point.

He's not saying that they can't figure out the records when there's a tie, he's saying if there are tiebreakers in one aspect, why not have tiebreakers in others?

I think you missed his point. There's no need for tiebreakers in games when over the course of the season the win-loss records will probably work themselves out. Especially when the unneccesary tiebreakers lead to hurt feelings between league mates.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:02 am

loophole21 wrote:ive tied the last two weeks and won both times on tiebreakers!

Tiebreakers?
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk