Jamal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jamal

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:32 pm

Why would they give him a new contract, and then turn around and not give him the carries? 3.6 ypc is not great, but it's not awful, either, and you have to think that for a downhill runner, it gets better as the game goes on.

9 carries this week for 41 yards. That is not enough touches. This is lame. At least PART of why he's sucked this year is the way they're using him.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:41 pm

Maybe this is one of the reason the Ravens let go of Fassel today as there OC and Billick will take over calling plays.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dadd » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:59 pm

Sweet. I have Jamal in a few leagues, and I'd like for him to get off my bench.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:04 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Maybe this is one of the reason the Ravens let go of Fassel today as there OC and Billick will take over calling plays.

good call....i just posted this in the ravens forum. im guessing the ravens might revert back to the old way...smashmouth football.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:34 pm

Well, it can't get much worse for Jamal, so this can't really be a negative thing for him I suppose. I wouldn't be too optimistic though- he's looked pretty bad so far, and both Anderson and Smith are averaging more YPC than he is. Just doesn't appear to be his old self.
Last edited by Humpback on Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:23 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Maybe this is one of the reason the Ravens let go of Fassel today as there OC and Billick will take over calling plays.

good call....i just posted this in the ravens forum. im guessing the ravens might revert back to the old way...smashmouth football.

This was my first thought too.

Jamal was averaging 4.1 YPC on sunday but they gave him 9 carries and let Boller put the ball in the air 31 times.

Billick calling the plays atleast gives me some hope for Jamal.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Irish » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:32 pm

Musa Smith is better then him anyway, if not Mike Anderson. Jamal has been mediocre for awhile
Irish
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Popcynical » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Jamal was saying in the news he'd wish the coaches would give him more carries in a game. He says he's not getting the feel of the game with the current amount of carries which deters him from breaking off some bigger runs.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:00 am

9 Carries for your "Featured Back" in an offense that needs to set up the pass with the run? No wonder Fassel got fired. It'll be interesting to see what the Ratbird offense looks like when they come off their bye.

That said, from what I've seen of Baltimore Anderson and Smith have both looked better than Lewis carrying the rock this year. I targeted Lewis this year thinking he was primed for a big season (didn't get him), but so far I haven't seen it, carries or no.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk