3 TDs for Chicago defense or just 2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3 TDs for Chicago defense or just 2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

3 TDs for Chicago defense or just 2?

Postby programatik » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:08 pm

I'm confused (which is often the case when it comes to FF). Last night Chicago recorded two fumble recoveries for TDs and a punt return TD. I thought punt returns were considered part of ST in DEF/ST position on yahoo. Why would my opponnent not get that extra 6 points? (works for me as I win by 5.5)

I am wondering if that will be updated or if that punt return for a td is not considered points by the Defense / ST. is it perhaps a rule that the comissioner accidently setup in the league that didnt account for such TDs? Would that also mean that Kick Off return TD's are not counted as 6pts? I won't get my hopes up about the win until this week is over and its finalized. (does yahoo ever go back several weeks for changes?)
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScrappyDoo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Not several weeks, but Ive had a win turned to a loss 3-4 days after.

Check your league settings alot dont credit return TDs
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dadd » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:19 pm

If you have IDP, those type of leagues usually give the individual player credit for the TD.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby programatik » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:42 pm

we don't have IDP at all. i hope it sticks, but i am probably in line for a little depression.
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:04 pm

Well this all really depends on how competent your league commish is. I've always thought that lumping Def/ST together was just about the most retarded thing that's widely accepted throughout fantasy football.

Well, that and Manning supposedly being a 1st round pick.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:33 pm

yea, sometimes its just defense. I have a league where return yards are counted, but are credited to the player.

Really, def and special teams aren't related, I don't know why they don't split them, and you can draft a special teams. perhaps with points for net punt, and return yards or something. who knows?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:02 pm

Why throw away all special teams plays? I know almost zero leagues out there have a special teams category. Might as well lump defense and special teams together.

More leagues seem to be moving towards IDP away from the individual defenses, why isn't there any special teams points at all? Either create a special teams category or award D/ST points is what I say.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Why throw away all special teams plays? I know almost zero leagues out there have a special teams category. Might as well lump defense and special teams together.

More leagues seem to be moving towards IDP away from the individual defenses, why isn't there any special teams points at all? Either create a special teams category or award D/ST points is what I say.

one one hand I agree, as special teams have no role otherwise.

That said, they are not interrelated, and it can overvalue some bad defenses, because they are always getting scored on, and thus, get tons of return yards.

I almost wish there was a pr/kr position outright for this. that would be more fun IMO.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:53 pm

Kick/punt return TDs go to the individual players, field goals go to the kickers, so no special teams plays are being left out.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MrTwo94 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:31 pm

That stupid league I'm in with Funston credits return TD's. The moron who said my S.Jax pick at #5 was the worst pick of the first round beat me by 4 points because of that return TD. If stupid Lovie Smith would've given T.Jones the ball a few more times, it wouldn't have mattered.

Sorry for the rant. I'm sure no one gives a sh**. Just had to whine about it for a second. Aside from that crappy loss, it is stupid to lump special teams and defense together. Special team stats have nothing to do with how well the defense plays. Those stats are irrelevant when judging a defense. If you really want to count special team stats then give the stats to individual players.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk