Billick on fire - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Billick on fire

Moderator: Football Moderators

Billick on fire

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:10 pm

and he fired Fassell . . .
BALTIMORE -- Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick has fired offensive coordinator Jim Fassel and will take over the play-calling for the Ravens offense.

Billick said it was difficult for him to let Fassel go, saying he has been "a valuable and loyal coach to me." However, he added, "clearly, in order for us to expand on our 4-2 start we have to have more offensive productivity."

"There was no single incident, no single episode, nothing specific that brought about this change," Billick said. "Something dramatic needed to be done."

But he would not go into what finally sparked the decision.

"It serves no purpose to go back and revist any particular reason why this has been brought about so I'm not gonna do it," Billick said.

Fassel was in his second year as the Ravens' offensive coordinator after serving a season with the team as a senior consultant to the offense.

He previously served as head coach of the New York Giants from 1997 to 2003, guiding the Giants to two NFC East titles, a conference championship, an appearance in the Super Bowl and a wild-card playoff berth.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

here's the stoopid link if you don't believe me
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629319

could be good news for Jamal
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk