rod smith - worth a roster spot? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

rod smith - worth a roster spot?

Moderator: Football Moderators

rod smith - worth a roster spot?

Postby gforce1124 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:15 pm

i'm in a 12 team league, we start 3 WR a week. rod smith has been invisible this year. with javon walker getting more looks and plummer being sub-par to begin with, should i outright drop smith? is jurevicious or travis taylor a better option?
gforce1124
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ditka in '04 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:20 pm

probably get better reply is you post in DTKW forum, but I would keep Rod over those two
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowride » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:44 pm

No doubt he's worth a roster spot. Especially if your league is starting 36 wrs. Just keep him on the bench. He won't stay invisible all year. He wasn't expected to be more than a WR3 anyways I don't think.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:23 pm

I cut bait for Rod Smith around week 2 or week 3 in all leagues. Unless you are in a 16 team league with deep benches, I think I could find a better waiver wire WR week in and week out to play if I needed them.

Who is available on your waivers? Guarantee you there is somebody better than Rod Smith for bothing this upcoming week and/or the rest of the season.
---

Denver has given up 1 TD in 5 games. When you opponent is scoring 6 or 9 points a game, you just don't have to pass the ball. Even if the do pass, Denver is a run first team. Rod Smith is not even going to come close to breaking 1,000 yards this season.

My prediction:

60/700/5
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk