Cardinals Have NEW OC... Good news for Leinart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cardinals Have NEW OC... Good news for Leinart

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cardinals Have NEW OC... Good news for Leinart

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:40 pm

POSTED 3:11 p.m. EDT, October 17, 2006

ROWEN OUT AS CARDS O.C.

On the same day that former Cardinals offensive coordinator Jim Fassel became the former offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens, current Cardinals offensive coordinator Keith Rowen is now a former offensive coordinator of the team, too.

According to numerous reports, Rowen has been dumped by head coach Dennis Green. Quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek will take over the duties.

Kruczek is a former NFL quarterback. His biggest claim to fame is that, as a rookie with the Steelers in 1976, Kruczek filled in for Terry Bradshaw after he was slammed on his head by Browns defensive lineman Turkey Joe Jones. Kruzcek led the team to six straight wins in Bradshaw's absence.

Rowen was hired into the job in 2005. He replaced Alex Wood, who was fired after only one season. Green said on Tuesday that it's possible that Rowen might remain with the team in a different capacity.

There's no word on whether Rowen thinks that Green's words regarding possible continued employment are genuine or, as Green might say, "bullsh-t bullsh-t."

This is from PFT, but I'm pretty sure it's legit.

QB Coach as an offensive coorindator... that can only be a good thing for the QB.

The play calling could not have been much worse in the Monday night game. They had success with the pass, but I think that's more a credit to their personnel than playcalling.

I wonder if Kruczek will be successful or if they will try to hire a replacement soon. Either way, it looks like a plus for the AZ offense and Leinart.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:44 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629555

it's legit. i would imagine with the success they were having with the pass last night that this can only be good for leinart and boldin...and sooner or later fitzy.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:48 pm

moonhead wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629555

it's legit. i would imagine with the success they were having with the pass last night that this can only be good for leinart and boldin...and sooner or later fitzy.

Yeah this whole thing is like having your Dad as your coach...

I would expect the QB coach to show a little favoratism for passing and the QB's role in the offense. Leinart appears to have a new best buddy.

From a distance, this looks like a smart move by Denny Green. At least a smart interim move. I'm actually a Denny Green critic to a degree, but I concede this time.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:23 pm

I guess Fassel who was just canned by the Ravens is being mentioned as a potential replacement for the AZ OC.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Humpback » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm

Green had to do something, otherwise it would've been him on the way out. Not sure about this guys credentials, but it is a pretty big difference going from a QB coach to an offensive coordinator. Maybe Green will be calling plays (gulp)? Not sure how it effects Leinart- yes, he might be more prone to pass, but he also should want to keep his QB from getting killed, which means mixing it up so they don't just rush the passer every down. I saw a quote from Green saying Kruczek was "old school all the way". Not sure what that means, have to wait and see I guess. Can only go up from here...
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Football Talk