Anybody know anything about Priest? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody know anything about Priest?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anybody know anything about Priest?

Postby superstar » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:51 pm

The guy is killing me.... two very poor weeks in a row, and suddenly I've dropped from 1st to 5th in my league. Ugh. Anybody know, or have their own thoughts, as to what's up? Are defenses just stacking the line against him, or are his injuries really bothering him?
superstar
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:08 pm

Personally, I think ijuries have bothered him. The fist 3 weeks, he was 100%, but the last two weeks, thye have downplayed the injury, and he has done next to nothing. I think he will agrivate the injury and be out for a while.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby superstar » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:17 pm

I'm begining to worry that myself... let's keep our fingers crossed, well... at least us priest owners, that he stays healthy and returns to form.
superstar
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby altproject » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:27 pm

the injuries might have some affect... and maybe teams are stacking up against him -- but that's just part of being a top-line RB. to say that he's killing your team the last two weeks is an insult to football players in general. he's priest holmes -- not God. he can be stopped.. or at least slowed down. he'll have weeks where he only runs for 67 yards and 1 TD (which adds up to 1100 yards and 16TDs a season by the way). anyhow... i'm off my soapbox for now. my advise is to just stop worrying and feel proud that you don't have to deal with edge james and travis henry -- like me.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:58 pm

altproject wrote:the injuries might have some affect... and maybe teams are stacking up against him -- but that's just part of being a top-line RB. to say that he's killing your team the last two weeks is an insult to football players in general. he's priest holmes -- not God. he can be stopped.. or at least slowed down. he'll have weeks where he only runs for 67 yards and 1 TD (which adds up to 1100 yards and 16TDs a season by the way). anyhow... i'm off my soapbox for now. my advise is to just stop worrying and feel proud that you don't have to deal with edge james and travis henry -- like me.

Well said...seriously, if Priest Holmes is the only strong player on your team, and he makes it or breaks it, considering some other options ma man...
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:51 pm

Yeah, the above guys are right. Priest's "very poor" two weeks were 100+ total yard weeks, I'd love that outta my backs. You can't count on Priest to win every week, or you're gonna be in for a long season.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SinCity » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:04 pm

Priest is fine. Trent has been throwing more in the red zone the last 2 weeks. Also the Chiefs haven't had the ball as much as they had the first three weeks. Blame the Chiefs D for the last part. Priest felt great after the came, the best he's felt all year after a game. A back just can't score 2 or 3 times a week every week man. No worries. ;-D ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:55 am

I think they may be trying to get the rest of the O involved. It serves a 2 pronged purpose; they can get the passing game going and save Priest some red-zone pounding. Not the greatest news for Holmes owners and merely speculation on my part.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:31 am

Free Bagel wrote:Yeah, the above guys are right. Priest's "very poor" two weeks were 100+ total yard weeks, I'd love that outta my backs. You can't count on Priest to win every week, or you're gonna be in for a long season.

That's hitting the nail on the head right there. If you were expecting the numbers from Week 1 & 2 every week, you're new to the game and in for some rough lessons. He's fine, and he can't even be considered a "boom or bust" RB because his 2 down weeks were 100+ total yard games. That's a "Big Boom or Little Boom" RB, and you can't complain when he has a couple "Little Boom" games.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ondeckb » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:27 pm

altproject wrote:the injuries might have some affect... and maybe teams are stacking up against him -- but that's just part of being a top-line RB. to say that he's killing your team the last two weeks is an insult to football players in general. he's priest holmes -- not God. he can be stopped.. or at least slowed down. he'll have weeks where he only runs for 67 yards and 1 TD (which adds up to 1100 yards and 16TDs a season by the way). anyhow... i'm off my soapbox for now. my advise is to just stop worrying and feel proud that you don't have to deal with edge james and travis henry -- like me.

I'd have to disagree...Priest is God... ;-D
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk