Top WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top WRs

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:06 pm

At the end of the year, who do you guys/gals think will be the top 10 WRs? I think it will be somthing like this:
1 Moss
2 Harrison
3 Coles
4 Owens
5 Moulds
6 Ward
7 Horn
8 Holt
9 C. Johnson
10 Toomer

And no, I don't think Boldin will even be in the top 20. And one to note is Andre Johnson
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:59 pm

List looks strong, but I personally don't think Coles will finish that high. Look for Ward and CJ to be a little higher as well
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:02 pm

I am hoping Coles will finish high, because I am trading for him.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:25 pm

He's in the right system to put up the points, but Ramsey is still heavily developing his game...he's still learning a lot
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:57 pm

I'll be suprised if Holt makes it into the top 10.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:03 pm

watchout for KROB and david Boston in the second half of the season, but ya, your list is a good one.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chopper » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:51 pm

Everyone's still pretty high on Moulds? Top 5?
He's been slipping somewhat in my estimation on the list of the wideouts above. He's getting catches, but not getting into the end zone. Then with what could turn out to be a nagging groin.....I don't know.
The whole Bills offense worries me and I'm never confident they'll sustain the scoring. Maybe 'cause I've got Travis on a couple of teams, but those two make me nervous every week.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:41 am

VHawk15 wrote:I'll be suprised if Holt makes it into the top 10.

Who do you think will be?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:41 am

Chopper wrote:Everyone's still pretty high on Moulds? Top 5?
He's been slipping somewhat in my estimation on the list of the wideouts above. He's getting catches, but not getting into the end zone. Then with what could turn out to be a nagging groin.....I don't know.
The whole Bills offense worries me and I'm never confident they'll sustain the scoring. Maybe 'cause I've got Travis on a couple of teams, but those two make me nervous every week.

Where do you put him?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:54 am

1. Marvin Harrison. Is there really any doubt? He's unstoppable. You know if he gets you low point total one week, he's damn sure going to get you 25 the next.

2. Randy Moss. It's official: He's mature and has grown up. No more off the field drama, just 100% on the field domination.

3. Koren Robinson. I'm sure many are laughing at reading this, but odds are you'll be crying playing against him any time over the next 8 weeks. Did you see how many looks this guy got on Sunday? And with 2 ugly drops from D-Jax, including 1 in the end zone, K-Rob's looks should only increase. The cornerbacks he'll face the rest of the way are almost laughable. Holmgran has said K-Rob is the best young receiver he's ever been around, and IIRC, he was the OC in San Fran with a young Jerry Rice.

4. IF HE STAYS HEALTHY, Eric Moulds. I saw him get hurt Sunday and swore he'd miss a month. But reports say he's playing Sunday. If he doesn't miss a significant amount of time, how can he not be top 5? The man is amazing and always puts up great stats.

5. Amani Toomer. Simple formula here. He's the #1 WR on an offense that throws a lot, and he's talented enough to beat most double teams and top notch CB's in the NFL. The bad defense should create some shootouts too, Toomer equals top 5 to me.

6. Torry Holt. Isaac Bruce draws a lot of coverage away from Holt. In this offense, Holt's typical games the rest of the way will look like this: 9 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD, occasionally exceeding this, occasionally below this. He seems to have a great chemistry with Bulger.

7. Laverneus Coles. A rule of thumb is that WR's always struggle their first years with a new team. Learning a brand new offense is very hard at the WR spot. Well, he took that rule of thumb and amputated it. He is the surprise of the year in my book. His young QB is still experiencing some growing pains, and Coles has still been able to put up great numbers. It should only get better as the season goes on.

8. Terrell Owens. I don't like him, I wouldn't want him, and I'd be afraid if I had him. Nonetheless, odds are he finishes the year a top 10 WR and I'd be foolish to leave him off the list. Too much talent.

9. Chad Johnson. I want to put him higher, and he will be if Kitna starts 16 games, but I just don't know how good or bad Carson Palmer will be when he gets in. If he looks just as good as Leftwich did Sunday, Chad Johnson will be top 5. If he looks like a typical rookie QB, CJ will have some trouble finishing top 10.

10. Hines Ward. The Pitt situation worries me, but he's been pretty consistant and I'm sure he'll get solid numbers the rest of the way.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk