Top WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Top WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:04 am

HOly shit. You should write for a magazine. Very good!
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:15 am

Anonymous wrote:HOly shit. You should write for a magazine. Very good!



Thank you very much. (my ego is assuming this was directed at me) Never wrote for a magazine, but I did contribute to a couple of web-only pay services for fantasy football a few years back. My refusal to travel extensively (because of my wife) and 1 very poor decision cost me from actually being able to make a career off fantasy football. Oh well.

Thanks again.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby Warpigs » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:32 am

1. Randy Moss. He finally is clicking and the Vikings have some easy games ahead. Frerotte has relied heavily on Moss, and the more that Frerotte plays, the more catches Moss will get. Daunte loves to throw to him to, but is more multi-dimensional than Frerotte. Also, I think that Daunte's back injury is a lot more serious than people are letting on and he'll in and out all season.

2. Marvin Harrison. Peyton Manning's best receiver. Yes, Marvin didn't produce much early in the year, but he's turned things around quickly. Anyone that can rack up that much yardage against the Tampa Bay defense deserves a high ranking. As Edge continues to be in and out due to injuries this year, Harrison will provide the consistency Indy needs to be successful.

3. Koren Robinson. I agree with all that's been said about him so far. He has the talent to be a top-three WR and Darrell Jackson is good enough to keep defenses honest. Add to that Shaun Alexander's presence from the running back position, and there's just no way to devote too much attention to KRob. The Seattle schedule is the easiest in the league, meaning lots of big play situations for KRob.

4. Chad Johnson. OK, laugh all you want, however Chad has been one of the most consistent performers so far this season and he plays with the pitiful Bengals. Even with Dillon out with injury and defenses keying on him more, Johnson has produced. He's cocky enough to keep pushing himself with high expectations (he still thinks he'll get 1800 receiving yards this year) and that's all with Kitna throwing to him. Palmer won't play unless Kitna really struggles -- and even if he does, he'll only increase CJ's value since Johnson will be the only consistent option for him to turn to when in trouble.

5. Eric Moulds. He's in a pass oriented offense (no matter what the coaching staff says) and will continue to be the main target in big situations. Even with Price out of town and Bobby Shaw and Josh Reed not forming much of a diversion, Moulds have found a way to produce fairly well. Imagine how much better he'll be as Shaw/Reed starts to get a clue and draw more coverage.

6. Terrell Owens. He's a gifted athlete who's cursed with self-adoration. Still, Owens is starting to settle down a tad and will continue to be a main target as the Niners continue to struggle and have to air things out to keep up with other teams.

7. Laverneus Coles. When the season began, I was afraid of Coles because I saw Rod Gardner really cutting into his looks and catches. However, Coles quickly formed chemistry with Ramsey and has become a bonafide top WR. He'll benefit from Spurrier's tendency to air things out and Gardner will continue to help instead of hinder by giving defenses another big WR to worry about.

8. David Boston. No, this is not just because of this past weekend. Boston has the skill, talent and size to be an elite WR. He finally put a lot of the bad blood behind him last week when he learned that Marty wouldn't tolerate his antics. That tough love will keep Boston in check the rest of the season and keep him on the field. He should be able to rise above the injuries, and as he does, he will continue to get balls thrown his way by the young Drew Brees. Opposing defensive backs have no answer for Boston's raw size, strength and speed.

9. Plaxico Burress. I really like Hines Ward, and even though Burress has struggled the last two games due to Maddox's problems, Plax will continue to improve. He's young, fast and a big target not only in the red zone, but also can spring one down field. Hines is a talent in himself, but I think Plaxico will surpass him later this season and Ward will find himself in the 11-12 range on the list of WRs.

10. Peerless Price. Another early season disappointment, Price finally got the attention of Doug Johnson last week. Johnson will now continue to get the ball to Price, and Peerless won't disappoint. Vick won't be as quick to run when he returns. He will start to air things out, and will need a consistent top target. Price will continue to be that target, and will only improve as Brian Finneran gets back to take some of the pressure off.
Image
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
Posts: 3054
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:36 am

Warpigs wrote:1. Randy Moss. He finally is clicking and the Vikings have some easy games ahead. Frerotte has relied heavily on Moss, and the more that Frerotte plays, the more catches Moss will get. Daunte loves to throw to him to, but is more multi-dimensional than Frerotte. Also, I think that Daunte's back injury is a lot more serious than people are letting on and he'll in and out all season.

2. Marvin Harrison. Peyton Manning's best receiver. Yes, Marvin didn't produce much early in the year, but he's turned things around quickly. Anyone that can rack up that much yardage against the Tampa Bay defense deserves a high ranking. As Edge continues to be in and out due to injuries this year, Harrison will provide the consistency Indy needs to be successful.

3. Koren Robinson. I agree with all that's been said about him so far. He has the talent to be a top-three WR and Darrell Jackson is good enough to keep defenses honest. Add to that Shaun Alexander's presence from the running back position, and there's just no way to devote too much attention to KRob. The Seattle schedule is the easiest in the league, meaning lots of big play situations for KRob.

4. Chad Johnson. OK, laugh all you want, however Chad has been one of the most consistent performers so far this season and he plays with the pitiful Bengals. Even with Dillon out with injury and defenses keying on him more, Johnson has produced. He's cocky enough to keep pushing himself with high expectations (he still thinks he'll get 1800 receiving yards this year) and that's all with Kitna throwing to him. Palmer won't play unless Kitna really struggles -- and even if he does, he'll only increase CJ's value since Johnson will be the only consistent option for him to turn to when in trouble.

5. Eric Moulds. He's in a pass oriented offense (no matter what the coaching staff says) and will continue to be the main target in big situations. Even with Price out of town and Bobby Shaw and Josh Reed not forming much of a diversion, Moulds have found a way to produce fairly well. Imagine how much better he'll be as Shaw/Reed starts to get a clue and draw more coverage.

6. Terrell Owens. He's a gifted athlete who's cursed with self-adoration. Still, Owens is starting to settle down a tad and will continue to be a main target as the Niners continue to struggle and have to air things out to keep up with other teams.

7. Laverneus Coles. When the season began, I was afraid of Coles because I saw Rod Gardner really cutting into his looks and catches. However, Coles quickly formed chemistry with Ramsey and has become a bonafide top WR. He'll benefit from Spurrier's tendency to air things out and Gardner will continue to help instead of hinder by giving defenses another big WR to worry about.

8. David Boston. No, this is not just because of this past weekend. Boston has the skill, talent and size to be an elite WR. He finally put a lot of the bad blood behind him last week when he learned that Marty wouldn't tolerate his antics. That tough love will keep Boston in check the rest of the season and keep him on the field. He should be able to rise above the injuries, and as he does, he will continue to get balls thrown his way by the young Drew Brees. Opposing defensive backs have no answer for Boston's raw size, strength and speed.

9. Plaxico Burress. I really like Hines Ward, and even though Burress has struggled the last two games due to Maddox's problems, Plax will continue to improve. He's young, fast and a big target not only in the red zone, but also can spring one down field. Hines is a talent in himself, but I think Plaxico will surpass him later this season and Ward will find himself in the 11-12 range on the list of WRs.

10. Peerless Price. Another early season disappointment, Price finally got the attention of Doug Johnson last week. Johnson will now continue to get the ball to Price, and Peerless won't disappoint. Vick won't be as quick to run when he returns. He will start to air things out, and will need a consistent top target. Price will continue to be that target, and will only improve as Brian Finneran gets back to take some of the pressure off.



Great post, I love this forum. So much insight.

However, choices 8 & 10 have me thinking you snorted something illegal after your first 7 picks. :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby Warpigs » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:48 am

No .. Nothing illegal snorted here. I really believe that Boston will make it through the rest of the year OK. Plus, Schotty made it really clear that they won't be taking anymore of his flack. He showed him that he's not afraid to bench him to back up his comments.

Price has the talent, and was someone I was critical of before the season began. He was a career No.2 player who hadn't experienced the extra attention of being a No.1 player with no real threat of talent lining up next to him to keep defenses honest. However, Price will be used a lot from here on out since he proved himself as a threat now and the Falcons aren't exactly going to blow other teams out. Overall, just a big hunch on Price.
Image
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
Posts: 3054
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:09 pm

kid a wrote:2. Randy Moss. It's official: He's mature and has grown up. No more off the field drama, just 100% on the field domination.


Amen! I am with you!
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Warpigs wrote:1. Randy Moss. He finally is clicking and the Vikings have some easy games ahead. Frerotte has relied heavily on Moss, and the more that Frerotte plays, the more catches Moss will get. Daunte loves to throw to him to, but is more multi-dimensional than Frerotte. Also, I think that Daunte's back injury is a lot more serious than people are letting on and he'll in and out all season.


I love this forum!
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:14 pm

Warpigs wrote:4. Chad Johnson. OK, laugh all you want, however Chad has been one of the most consistent performers so far this season and he plays with the pitiful Bengals. Even with Dillon out with injury and defenses keying on him more, Johnson has produced. He's cocky enough to keep pushing himself with high expectations (he still thinks he'll get 1800 receiving yards this year) and that's all with Kitna throwing to him. Palmer won't play unless Kitna really struggles -- and even if he does, he'll only increase CJ's value since Johnson will be the only consistent option for him to turn to when in trouble.


I acually agree with that, and I traded him away early in the season.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:16 pm

One other thing, I really like all this feedback. This is a great forum...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ben_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:23 pm

Johnson will be the only consistent option


how can you say that? warrick has been excellent and consistent. the tight ends have been getting more involved and the rookie, kelley washington is a big receiver who has already begun to develop into a nice option underneath.

all that is beyond the running game, which should return to normal (dillon) in week 7.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 630
Joined: 11 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: hiding behind anthony munoz

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:07 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact