Keeper league--Should we allow trades for future draft picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper league--Should we allow trades for future draft picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Intimidator » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:13 pm

I am in a 12 team (6) keeper league. Owners are debating trading for future draft picks. It is a private league. If yes do you have suggestions to govern this. Also, how many keepers do most leagues allow?
Intimidator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:18 pm

In my keeper league we can keep 3 players and 1 player that has been in the NFL less than 3 years a "rookie". That is how my league is set up.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Intimidator » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:23 pm

what about trading picks?
Intimidator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AF » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:25 pm

My league we just keep 2 players and the rest are put back into a draft pool. If you guys keep 6 players for each team I can't see too many trades with draft picks happening. Not much value in a 7th round pick. My league doesn't do trades for draft picks.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:30 pm

Im in a couple of leagues where you can keep up to 4 players, for everyone you don't keep you get a higher draft pick. (exp you keep 2 you get a 2nd rd and 3rd rd pick, if you keep all 4 you don't get a pick until the 5th rd)

In one other league you have to keep 2 offensive and 1 defensive player.

I don't beleive we ever dicussed trading of future draft picks in either league.

I would say if you have to keep 6 in yours, since everyone will have a "1st rd" draft pick. That they could trade future picks since they know excalty what they will be trading.

If it is up to six and a team trades off a "4th rd" pick that would force them to only keep 3. Could cause a problem if that team that traded its pick away may want to keep 4. Thats where the problems start...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Intimidator » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:08 pm

anyone else??
Intimidator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stinky » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:39 pm

I agree with dazed.. for the trading of future picks to work you would have to have a mandantory amount of players kept by each team. Another thing to consider would be owner turnover. If you keep pretty much the same owners each year it could work but if you have a lot of turnover it could get royally screwed up. It would also be a lot more work for your commish if a lot of trades are made.
It is an interesting concept that would give owners more options to improve their team for future years and would probably make some owners who are out of it by week 8 stay involved. I guess it depends on your league. Keep us posted on how this works out
stinky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stinky » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:42 pm

The keeper league i am in kept up to 3 this year but we have changed it to a mandantory 4 for next year with 2 max at any position
stinky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby zombiez » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:20 pm

do what I do.get everyone from your league together and brainstorm it out.....we are considering adding keepers next year...seems like it would work as long as it was approved
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:18 pm

I think we are headed in that direction....any other with experience on this subject?

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk