Brandon Jacobs worth a look for a keeper league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Jacobs worth a look for a keeper league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Jacobs worth a look for a keeper league?

Postby Frozen#24 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:29 am

This is off of rotoworld. In my league we can keep 2 players and right now my keepers would be jackson and edge, but I am thinking I could trade edge at the end of the year for a draft pick to someone who does not have 2 keepers. This is common practice in our league and is really interesting. I would then think about keeping Jacobs assuming Tiki really retires and the Giants do not go after a bigger fish. Thoughts on Jacobs potential and if he can be an every down back.

Here is the article
It's rare to see a seemingly big story come out of the blue in a media-driven market like New York, but that's exactly what happened Wednesday. The New York Times reported that Tiki Barber revealed Tuesday night at a promotional event for his children's book that he will likely retire following the season. Barber reportedly said he has "pretty much" made up his mind and "nothing" could force him to reconsider.

Even more shocking than a single newspaper breaking the story the morning after is that Barber is giving serious thought to stepping away at his absolute peak. Barber is 31 years old and running backs on the wrong side of 30 are more or less ticking time bombs, but he was a late-bloomer to begin with and has been playing at a Hall of Fame level for the past three seasons.

Barber's many off-field interests were cited as a reason to believe him more than the average athlete who talks of retirement in the middle of a great year and this story is sure to be examined further once the rest of the New York media jumps on it later this week. In the meantime, Brandon Jacobs' keeper-league value gets a major boost, as his owners start dreaming about what sort of production he'd be capable of without Barber around.
Frozen#24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:07 am

Jacobs should be owned in all leagues. He is Larry Johnson of two years ago.

If Tiki gets nicked up, insert Jacobs for instant points. He is an Ace in the Hole.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:17 pm

Definitely, I think the Giants plan next year would be to use Jacobs on 1st & 2nd down, and then get someone to fill the 3rd down role.

Draft Garrett Wolfe, anyone?
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple Allegiance » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:53 pm

I think Jacobs is going to be a monster. Edge is struggling in the desert and I think his value his way down next season, I would considering what you are thinking.
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Infidel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:21 pm

No brainer. Do it. Edge is worthless in the desert.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Unless you are sure he's going to start next year, I don't see how you can afford to spend one of your keeper spots on Jacobs
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk