Which New System to Buy??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Which New System to Buy???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which New System to Buy???

Postby NEPatsFan2006 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Im going to wait until the spring to buy one of the new systems but which one should I buy??? They all have their own slight differences that I like about them. I like the new way to play games on the Wii with the nunchuck controller but the graphics and games look alot better on both the XBox360 and PS3. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one I should buy??? and give a good reason why.
thanks
NEPatsFan2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:43 pm

This may be a Sony hater saying this.. But, the PS3 system and games just seem too expensive to be practical.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 pm

Manja wrote:This may be a Sony hater saying this.. But, the PS3 system and games just seem too expensive to be practical.

Here's the problem I have. The $400 360 and the $250 Wii get lumped together as the "cheaper" systems despite their $150 difference, yet the $500 PS3 (which is still technically and featurally superior to the $400 360 so it's certainly a fair comparison) is deemed "too expensive" because it is $100 more. Is there some magical "too expensive" barrier that makes $150 less than $100?

One question for the OP is do you have or plan on getting an HDTV? If you don't then the graphics difference won't be as big from the Wii to the 360/PS3 and the PS3's blu-ray player won't be an advantage for you, whereas if you do have an HD set the blu-ray player is a tremendous bargain at only $100 more than the 360.

I have a 360, and while Xbox live is phenominal the game demos and videos are fun and all, but after the novelty wore off I've been pretty bored with it. I have Gameznflix (mail in rental service) and honestly I can't find a game to rent that I really enjoy outside the sports games (which should be pretty much the same across all consoles). Even the hits (GRAW, POGR, etc) haven't impressed me. The console seems too focused on first person shooters and while that's my favorite genre, there's no way I'm playing them on a console with a controller when I have a PC that will play them. If you haven't got a game capable PC, enjoy FPS games, and can stand the controller during FPS games then the 360 is probably a good choice.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dilydaly » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:30 am

can u back this up[ with any facts??????

"yet the $500 PS3 (which is still technically and featurally superior to the $400 360 so it's certainly a fair comparison) "

let me know when u find them.... ps3 is years behind in online play like the xbox and the graphics are similar the push is blue ray vs hd dvd..

sony makes blue ray thus are trying to dominate the market with a new dvd ... themarket will not give up their cd collections for blue ray when u have hd dvd which will play reg dvds and hd...

i just dont see how the ps3 is superior ? have u seen the graphics and play on gears of war?
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AirMcNair » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:32 pm

Consoles are a joke, they can't touch today's gaming PCs.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:16 pm

AirMcNair wrote:Consoles are a joke, they can't touch today's gaming PCs.

You've got to be joking me
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:20 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:

You actually think consoles are better than PCs?

Bwahahahaha. :-b
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:33 pm

AirMcNair wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:

Just Leave.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:37 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
AirMcNair wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:

Just Leave.

PC Gaming is like buying/driving/tweaking Porsche... and Console Gaming is like driving a stock Toyota Camry

OWNED, how about YOU just leave before you make a fool out of yourself.

Consoles...lol...
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:27 pm

I didn't think it would come to this but is has.

First off consoles have better graphics, especially with the next gens coming out. If you said otherwise you would only be kidding yourself. Face it, the PC industry slows the progress of consumer-level graphics. The difference between the Console and PC is only gonna get greater. A game console is for games (duh) while a PC has do all that other background crap.

Plus, a high end PC costs a goddamn fortune. I'm not paying several thousand dollars for a "gaming" PC when I can spend a few hundred bucks and get a piece of hardware that is optimized solely for games.

Now, consoles have huge game libraries. Heck, most games started on the console. With PC you're pretty much limited to FPSs and RTSs or some MMORPG clone (although you can get those on consoles too). Now the those games are good on PC but there is almost no variety. On the console you got your FPSs as well plus your RPGs, Adventure games, Platformers, etc. And frankly, I care about the games more than anything.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games