Which New System to Buy??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Which New System to Buy???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AirMcNair » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:59 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I didn't think it would come to this but is has.

First off consoles have better graphics, especially with the next gens coming out. If you said otherwise you would only be kidding yourself. Face it, the PC industry slows the progress of consumer-level graphics. The difference between the Console and PC is only gonna get greater. A game console is for games (duh) while a PC has do all that other background crap.

Plus, a high end PC costs a goddamn fortune. I'm not paying several thousand dollars for a "gaming" PC when I can spend a few hundred bucks and get a piece of hardware that is optimized solely for games.

Now, consoles have huge game libraries. Heck, most games started on the console. With PC you're pretty much limited to FPSs and RTSs or some MMORPG clone (although you can get those on consoles too). Now the those games are good on PC but there is almost no variety. On the console you got your FPSs as well plus your RPGs, Adventure games, Platformers, etc. And frankly, I care about the games more than anything.

First off, the PC has just as many games and game catagories that consoles get.

And the graphics are far from PC, plus you have to use the same console for what? 5-6 years without an upgrade.
PCs get better and better, and they are quite cheap if you buy the products right under the brand new hardware.

You can also get all your computer games free by DLing them off torrent sites. The only time you have to buy them is if you want the play online, and in some cases you don't even have to do that.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby confused_jake » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:08 pm

First off consoles have better graphics, especially with the next gens coming out. If you said otherwise you would only be kidding yourself. Face it, the PC industry slows the progress of consumer-level graphics. The difference between the Console and PC is only gonna get greater. A game console is for games (duh) while a PC has do all that other background crap.

Plus, a high end PC costs a goddamn fortune. I'm not paying several thousand dollars for a "gaming" PC when I can spend a few hundred bucks and get a piece of hardware that is optimized solely for games.

Now, consoles have huge game libraries. Heck, most games started on the console. With PC you're pretty much limited to FPSs and RTSs or some MMORPG clone (although you can get those on consoles too). Now the those games are good on PC but there is almost no variety. On the console you got your FPSs as well plus your RPGs, Adventure games, Platformers, etc. And frankly, I care about the games more than anything.

Consoles have better graphics? are you kidding? have you heard of a game called crysis?

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screensh ... _large.jpg

Thats an ingame screenshot from it.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AirMcNair » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:12 pm

confused_jake wrote:

Consoles have better graphics? are you kidding? have you heard of a game called crysis?

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screensh ... _large.jpg

Thats an ingame screenshot from it.

Yep, and the makers of that game, Crytek, have said that consoles can not handle the game.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby confused_jake » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Not only does the game have amazing graphics, it is probably one of the most real experiences in a video game. Your enemies speak actual Korean nad the game includes a destructible enviornment that is unbelievable. You can't get that on a console.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:45 pm

Ummmm . . . Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game isn't even released yet is it????!?!??
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:59 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Ummmm . . . Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game isn't even released yet is it????!?!??

You're right. This argument is absolute bull.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:20 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Ummmm . . . Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game isn't even released yet is it????!?!??

The company still has beta versions they run idiot.

It is obvious you are a blind, 10year old, console fan boy.
Have fun with half ass games and consoles. :-t
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:25 am

AirMcNair wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:

The company still has beta versions they run idiot.

It is obvious you are a blind, 10year old, console fan boy.
Have fun with half ass games and consoles. :-t

no, no, no!!

I was trying to find the system requirements and couldn't!!

I was going to use the argument for the cost of the computer required to run the dang game!!

I know that you can run beta versions of it, I'm not stupid :-B

(most of the time ;-) )
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:27 am

Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:30 am

Let me sum that up....

"I don't think it would be difficult at all to dumb down this game so we can sell a crappy version for consoles."
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games