Which New System to Buy??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Which New System to Buy???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:32 am

And read in the article that the game is going to use DX 10 which is due out next year.
DX 10 graphics cards will beleaps and bounds better than the 360 and PS3.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:33 am

AirMcNair wrote:

Let me sum that up....

"I don't think it would be difficult at all to dumb down this game so we can sell a crappy version for consoles."

No. The PC and XBox and/or PS3 are not the same piece of hardware.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:34 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
AirMcNair wrote:

Let me sum that up....

"I don't think it would be difficult at all to dumb down this game so we can sell a crappy version for consoles."

No. The PC and XBox and/or PS3 are not the same piece of hardware.

Correct, PC is a million times better.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:39 am

read this article:
Crytek repeatedly denied intention to port their highly anticipated sci-fi shooter Crysis to Xbox 360 once PC development is complete
early next year. Apparently, the game makes extensive use of Microsoft’s DirectX 10 API which is a definite novelty to the console’s architecture. Although Xbox 360 has an advanced DX9 version built in, questions arise if it could be upgraded or not.

First to give an answer was the Dutch based Xbox 360 fansite with claims from ATI that a DirectX upgrade is possible via patch. It would undoubtedly be a beneficial move for Microsoft, to push cross platform development, as the 360 certainly has the required raw power. With XNA and cross over programming, it can lean to a lot of DX10 games coming to console, especially when Microsoft is expanding Live support.

Unfortunately, these suppositions proved to be false as ATI was quick to dispel the rumors: "Xbox 360 cannot run DX10, and confirmed what it said earlier about the extended functionality. The Xbox 360 has unique features including memory export that can enable DX10-class functionality such as stream-out," said an ATI spokesperson. "From what we're hearing, Crysis will support DX9 with some sort of use for DX10 features. It's likely that those DX10 visuals can be replicated on the Xbox 360, but it can't be properly called DX10."

It is not like the XBox is incapable of high performance graphics.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:42 am

bobbing_headz wrote:read this article:
Crytek repeatedly denied intention to port their highly anticipated sci-fi shooter Crysis to Xbox 360 once PC development is complete
early next year. Apparently, the game makes extensive use of Microsoft’s DirectX 10 API which is a definite novelty to the console’s architecture. Although Xbox 360 has an advanced DX9 version built in, questions arise if it could be upgraded or not.

First to give an answer was the Dutch based Xbox 360 fansite with claims from ATI that a DirectX upgrade is possible via patch. It would undoubtedly be a beneficial move for Microsoft, to push cross platform development, as the 360 certainly has the required raw power. With XNA and cross over programming, it can lean to a lot of DX10 games coming to console, especially when Microsoft is expanding Live support.

Unfortunately, these suppositions proved to be false as ATI was quick to dispel the rumors: "Xbox 360 cannot run DX10, and confirmed what it said earlier about the extended functionality. The Xbox 360 has unique features including memory export that can enable DX10-class functionality such as stream-out," said an ATI spokesperson. "From what we're hearing, Crysis will support DX9 with some sort of use for DX10 features. It's likely that those DX10 visuals can be replicated on the Xbox 360, but it can't be properly called DX10."

It is not like the XBox is incapable of high performance graphics.

It is INCAPABLE of what DX 10 graphics will be.
The 360 has not been out long, and already new PC technology is about to be released that the 360 and PS3 can not compete with.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:43 am

And xbox is made with the ATI vid cards so of course the company is going to say it is going to be fine.
Truth is that they are embarrased that this new technology is out and their cards that they put in the 360 can not support it.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:45 am

This is just proof that PCs are better.
PCs can be tweaked, upgraded, and overclocked.
Consoles stay what they are. Even in this short time consoles are already getting whipped. What happens in another year when better technology comes out and the consoles are still stuck with the same crap?
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:53 am

First off this argument is getting silly. I don't disagree with you. Consoles evolve in jumps while PCs evolve in a more linear way. When a console is released it is technoligically superior to most PCs but the PC will obviously catch up as time goes on (until the next console and so on). I'm not arguing here.

But Graphics aren't the most important thing when it comes to a game. That's not what games are about. It's the gameplay, plain and simple.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:56 am

AirMcNair wrote:This is just proof that PCs are better.
PCs can be tweaked, upgraded, and overclocked.
Consoles stay what they are. Even in this short time consoles are already getting whipped. What happens in another year when better technology comes out and the consoles are still stuck with the same crap?

OK,
You keep on doing your tweaking, upgrading, overclocking, virus scans, spyware scans, adware scans, flaming on message boards, posting 3 times to get said what you could in one, etc., etc.

I will get my console, sit down, and enjoy a game. I won't get excruciatingly picky with my graphics, because I don't care if the leave 200 feet away from me really move or not, or if I shoot that stick will it actually break?? The gameplay is what matters to me, and the price. The consoles, IMO, have the PC in both of those areas. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AirMcNair » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:57 am

bobbing_headz wrote:First off this argument is getting silly. I don't disagree with you. Consoles evolve in jumps while PCs evolve in a more linear way. When a console is released it is technoligically superior to most PCs but the PC will obviously catch up as time goes on (until the next console and so on). I'm not arguing here.

But Graphics aren't the most important thing when it comes to a game. That's not what games are about. It's the gameplay, plain and simple.

First Consoles are never better than PCs, even when the consoles first come out.
At most they are equal when it is released.

Second, games for PC are just as good as console games.
They both have indepth, RPGs, adventure, and action games.
Not to mention FPS games are much better with a mouse and keyboard as opposed to two analog sticks.
AirMcNair
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games