Whats your best game ever? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats your best game ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats your best game ever?

Postby stinky » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:56 pm

With all the talk about MNF being the best ever what is the best game you remember?
Hard to pick a favorite but the 1981 playoff game between Miami and San Diego always comes to my mind. I think the final score was like 51-48 after miami got off to a 24 -0 start. Winslow earned his ticket to the hall that night after being carried off on a stretcher and coming back later to make more catches.. I think he ended the game with like 13 receptions and all this took place in miami where on the next night the Clemson Tigers won their only national title
stinky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:00 pm

Best Monday Night Game
Drew Bledsoe leading a comeback drive against the Dolphins with his finger broken in two places. IN the drive they converted two third and longs and then two fourth and longs before getting the winning score.

Favorite game of all time

Patriots defeating the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. what can I say, i"m a pats fan.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby zombiez » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:03 pm

I'd have to say Frank Reich bring the bills back against the Oilers......me Steelers against the browns last year was awesome also......what a comeback. ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BradtheImpaler » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:28 pm

maybe the bills vs giants superbowl.....a total contrast of offensive styles....the quick strike bills vs the power running grind game of the g-men....
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Arlo » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:23 am

How about the snowplow game? ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:45 am

In relation to fantasy football.....1987 ....week two (just prior to the strike that year) I watched a game between the 49ers and the Bengals.....

I was down by a ton....and the Bengals had the ball with time running out......

49ers managed to force a fourth down with under ten seconds to play at about their own 45 yard line

for some unGodly unknown reason ....Wyche, instead of punting, decides to ask Boomer and company to dance around in the backfield to run out the remaining seconds ....

BIG MISTAKE.... Esiason is eventually tackled with 3 seconds remaining ...and automatically turns the ball over on that spot

Next play ?

Montana promptly hits Rice in the endzone on the last play of the game .....to give the 49ers an unreal two point victory.

I had both Rice and Montana that year ....and that one play gave my fantasy team a one point victory ....

Needless to say .....the surrounding neighbors (perhaps a mile in diameter) deemed me crazy for yelling so loud in utter rapturous delight. I will never forget THAT game.
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:15 am

Has to be the '86 AFC Championship. I mean the game is known just by the words "The Drive".

Either that or Elway's first Superbowl win. After my years of disappointment with Denver going to the Superbowl only to get blown out, he (with a little help from Terrell Davis) finally wins one against the heavily favored Packers.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:57 am

My top 5 that I actually watched:

1. 2 nights ago. Best game I've ever watched. Better than the Bills comeback because Buffalo stretched their comeback out over a quarter and a half. Peyton Manning did his thing in 4 minutes. Amazing.

2. Oilers/Bills 91 Playoff. Never thought I'd see anything better, but Manning surpassed this. Still, one for the ages that I'm so glad I didn't shut off at 35-3. I think I kept watching to see if the Oilers could score 70.

3. Jets/Dolphins Monday Night 2000? Maybe 2001? I guess I'm a fan of amazing comebacks, this was right up there with the other 2. The only time I had to call in sick on a Tuesday morning because of Monday Night Football.

4. 49ers/Bengals 2nd Super Bowl. Joe Montana being what he is, God.

5. 49ers/Cowboys NFC Championship 1994. The one where Deion was a 9er and San Fran went on to play San Diego in the Super Bowl. NOTHING was better than watching that Dallas team lose and see them being kept from a third consecutive Super Bowl. Thank you San Francisco. This was a great game and the real Super Bowl that year.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:40 am

The St. Louis vs New E ngland Super Bowl. I was rooting for the Rams, though.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby zombiez » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:55 pm

so many great ones.....remember the Dallas and Miami game on thanksgiving day......iceing like crazey in Dallas....Leon Lett....lol....I loved that.....and Brad mentioned the wide right game......awesome.....thank god for football
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk