Whats your best game ever? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats your best game ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

1995 AFC Championship Game

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:47 am

If you're talking about great games, not great comebacks, then my vote is the 1995 AFC Championship game between the Cinderella Colts and the Steelers. That game was close from the first play to the last. It was so nip and tuck that I never could stay in my seat during that one, I literally paced around like a madman.

That year, Indy squeaked in to the playoffs by beating New England in week 17. It was the year Captain Comeback Jim Harbaugh kept finding ways for the Colts to win. Indy go's to San Diego for the first round of the playoffs and pulls a shocker only to go on to the Divisional playoff and pull the bigger shocker by beating KC at Arrowhead. However, nothing tops the AFC Championship game at Three Rivers.

You may remember the game better as the game Jim Harbaugh threw a perfect hail mary at the end of the game that everyone thought WR Aaron Bailey caught for the game winner. Turns out as the reciever fell the ball landed on his chest and rolled off just before he could clutch it for the win. It was soooooo close. I just remember pulling for the Colts but leaving that game thinking that it was the single greatest game I had ever watched. It was a classic.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:20 am

I'm Young so keep that in mind, but the best games I remember seeing live-- leaving out ones that were mentioned.

--The 1999 NFC Champinonship between the Bucs and Rams where the Rams won 11-6, they had to change a rule because of this game.

--2001 AFC Championship between Raiders and NE in the snow, the "tuck" rule game. Also a rule changer.

--Super Bowl 34, Rams vs Titans where Tenn is stopped at the 1 as time expires

--For Monday Nighters--The GB-Minn game in 2000 where Antonio Freeman made an unbelievable catch in OT to win the game.

Man, Football makes for some good TV.
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LOD » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:15 pm

I am a falcons fan but this one should rank with a few people - the 1998 NFC Championship game between the falcons and the vikings. This was Randy's first year with the vikings and they seemed unstoppable. Jumped ahead of the falcons but atlanta came back to win it. Awesome game.
LOD

Friendliness: %

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:52 pm

My fondest football memory was actually a blow-out, but it was OH-SO-SWEET.... It was the 1987 Superbowl between the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins... Washington was playing a back-up QB (Doug Williams) and a nobody RB (Timmy Smith)... Elway's Broncs were heavily favored and even in VA, no one expected the 'Skins to hang... First play out, Elway throws a bomb about 80 yards for a TD... You could hear the collective groans of our entire neighborhood... 'Skins were down going into the second quarter when out of no where Doug Williams and Timmy Smith unleashed an offensive barrage the like which I had never seen (and have never seen since)... 35 unanswered points in 1 quarter of football.... Timmy Smith set the all time Superbowl record for rushing (I believe it was 208 yards)... 'Skins ended up winning 42-10... I have the game on tape and still watch it sometimes....

Immediately afterwards a little show called "The Wonder Years" premiered on TV....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clevelander » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:02 pm

im reading all this and seeing a pattern in cleveland games...damn games....someday....we will be on this list as a winner in a game....

on another note, you didnt say this pertained to NFL games...and i got to say as an all ohio fan those buckeyes and their championship game had everyone on the edge of their seats...
(sorry for going off NFL but i had to comment as that being by far the best game i've ever seen)
Clevelander
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:27 pm

2. Oilers/Bills 91 Playoff. Never thought I'd see anything better, but Manning surpassed this. Still, one for the ages that I'm so glad I didn't shut off at 35-3. I think I kept watching to see if the Oilers could score 70.

Jan 3 1993 , oh I remember... I still have nightmares about that game.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:46 am

yeah, that Oilers/Bills game had to be the best....bigger deficit, back up rb, and qb......and the stakes were bigger....incredable game
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk