So which Redskin team shows this week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

So which Redskin team shows this week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So which Redskin team shows this week?

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:23 pm

I don't even know which team is going to show up in Indy this week.

The team that played the Vikings and Cowboys?

How about that team that played the Texans and Jags?

Or what about the most recent team that played the Giants and Titans?

I always thought the Redskins were one NFL team... Guess not.

But really, the difference is like night and day. The team that played the Jags goes 12-4.

The team that played the Titans goes 4-12 at best.

I have a weird feeling about this week. The running game might explode and Gibbs might work some magic. I get these feelings every once in a while. I think with the Skins up against the wall we will see their best gameplay this week. Will it be good enough for a win? Not with Kenny Wright and Mike Rumph starting at CB's.
:-o :-o
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby duckmonkey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:48 am

I have a great feeling about this week. Indy has the WORST (ranked 32nd) run defense in the league. Portis is a monster against any defense, but will slaughter the Colts.

I looked up Brunell and Manning's stats for the last 3 games they played (to be fair since it took a few weeks for Saunders' offense to begin clicking, this also tossed out the games against the Texans for both teams) and Brunell has had a few more passing yards than Manning and has only one less TD pass. :) The old man can still play and after Portis scares the crap out of Indy's D, our WRs and Cooley will be able to get open.

The Titans held the Colts to 7 points for most of the game and they finished giving up 14. The next week, we scored 22 against the same defense. We CAN outscore the Colts, especially with out running game. I expect CP and Betts to have big days. When we can run 30+ times in a game, we're nearly unbeatable.

Our defense is the key. Last week, we were without Joe Salave'a and Corn Griffin. Rogers broke a bone too and Springs was just back.

This week at CB, we'll start Springs and possibly Troy Vincent, who is well-rested, healthy and already knows Williams' defense pretty well. He was a great signing, especially how desperate we are at CB.

Oh, and John Hall is sitting where he belongs. :)

I think we'll be the first team to beat a Colts team who is VERY lucky to be undefeated. They've been shaky and lucky this year.

;-D
duckmonkey
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:19 am

I think this game is winnable. But a few things need to happen that have already been pointed out. First and foremost run the dang ball. Saunders should be fired if he doesn't run the ball.
go back to the dink and dunk with brunell. i too believe when it comes to leadership on the field brumell is the man.
also, there has to be pressure on manning and prevent the big running plays. which i doubt will happen.

I'll be watching with great hopes, but feel the monday blahs may be compounded.

HAIL
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Washington Redskins