Question about adding/dropping on Yahoo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question about adding/dropping on Yahoo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about adding/dropping on Yahoo

Postby UT4life » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:06 pm

This week byes are killing me and I have no room on my roster to pick anyone up. If I drop a player (someone who played on Sunday) and add a player on Monday morning when Yahoo updates, would I be able to use him for the Monday night game?
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?
UT4life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 4Pack » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:55 pm

I don't think so to be honest. I wanted to do something similar to you a couple weeks ago....but on Monday morning...Yahoo said the player I am picking up will be reflected on my for roster the following weeks game.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironmanwho » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:00 pm

No, you can't cheat.
ironmanwho
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:02 pm

i thought it used to be that you can.

BUt you can't do it now.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:03 pm

That won't work exactly. Yahoo locks players on your roster when their game starts and cannot be moved out of starting spots. If you try to drop a player who played on Sunday, whom you also started, to add a player to start in the MNF game, the transaction will be effective for the next week.

Only players who were on your bench can be dropped for a player who has yet to play Monday night and be started, but only if you left a starting spot open.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smenz02 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:08 pm

It does not matter if you leave a spot open, anyone you pick up on Monday morning will not be eligible to play on your team until the following week.
smenz02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:12 pm

smenz02 wrote:It does not matter if you leave a spot open, anyone you pick up on Monday morning will not be eligible to play on your team until the following week.

I could have sworn that I've done it once. But it was last year... eh I dunno. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another league.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:21 pm

Are you guys sure? I'm pretty sure you can pickup someone on Monday morning, as long as you don't drop somebody who's already played. Not clear on that though.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby smenz02 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:21 pm

I got burned on the last week of the year trying that and not being able to play the person I had picked up. It was the end of the year and I wasn't trying to get around bye week problems or anything, just liked the player going on Monday better than the guy I had for Sunday and picked him up planning to play him and it would not let me put him in. If I remember correctly it was just a TE and I still won but it definetly made me remember that fact.
smenz02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:28 pm

i am pretty sure it USED to be that if you had an open spot, you could do this. But not anymore. I got screwed on that with westbrook on the GB game. I heard about him sitting, and tried to pick up buckhalter beforehand, but it was reflected on Tuesday.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk