Return to Football Talk

Carolina v Indy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carolina v Indy

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:30 am

Week 6 game of the week:

Predictions?

Final Score?

Fantasy numbers? Who to bench? Who to start? Just curious what everyone thinks about this game.

I'm almost leaning towards the decision that Carolina wins. Indy is coming off a very emotional game, plus has to face that Carolina D without Edge, on only 6 days rest. I like Indy as a Super Bowl team, but I think Carolina may go in and pull off a shocker this week.

Of course last week I picked Detroit as my upset, and said Pittsburgh would win by 40. So my predictions mean nothing. :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:08 am

Well I have both Marvin Harrison and Stephen Davis, so I'm hoping the final score is something like 54-61 ...

I don't see that happening, but hey ... a guy can fantasize, can't he?

Ni?

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:11 pm

The Colts need to freakin' lose. Unfortunately for Panther fans and fantasy owners facing Marvin Harrison, I believe the Colts passing game will take off. They will be in the similar position the Bucs had them in: unable to run the football effectively with Wiliams and Mungroe. The Colts will be forced to pass the ball deep, and although the Panthers have a spectacular front four, their secondary is pretty mediore. Joe Horn, after catching a TD pass against Carolina last weekend, stated after the game that he believes Carolina's pass D will get exploited big time sooner or later. Now I'm not saying that the struggling Saints are now the league's Swammi's, but he does have a point. When teams are forced to go deep on the Panthers, especially with guys like Marvin Harrison, look for the pass numbers to be high.

Just my insight
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:23 pm

Take a look at the Pick 3 Championship, the Colts Panthers is one of the 3 featured games:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28847
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby b-man3 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:35 pm

I think right now, Carolina's defense means nothing to the Colts. They shredded Tampa bay's D monday night, and their confidence will carry on to this sunday. I think Marvin Harrison will have a big day, and so will Stephen Davis. The Colts D is pretty good, but Pittman was able to rush for 106 yards against them. My prediction is 28-24, Colts win.
b-man3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:08 pm

b-man3 wrote:I think right now, Carolina's defense means nothing to the Colts. They shredded Tampa bay's D monday night, and their confidence will carry on to this sunday. I think Marvin Harrison will have a big day, and so will Stephen Davis. The Colts D is pretty good, but Pittman was able to rush for 106 yards against them. My prediction is 28-24, Colts win.

I can see people picking the Colts, but I have to say, if Carolina manages to put 24 points on the board, they will win. If Carolina goes over 17, the defense will see to it that they win.

My pick: Carolina 20, Indy 17

Manning and Harrison make good plays as always, no running game whatsoever for the Colts.

Stephen Davis is slow to start, but has a monster 2nd half and is the key factor in a Carolina upset.

We shall see.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:21 pm

I seriously don't know how the Panther's D can stop Marvin adn Peyton. Marvin and Manning have been lights-out. And the Panther's D isn't that good.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:22 pm

The difference in winning and losing for the Colts is if their D can stop Davis.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:29 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I seriously don't know how the Panther's D can stop Marvin adn Peyton. Marvin and Manning have been lights-out. And the Panther's D isn't that good.

My (possibly far-fetched) theory is that they gave 200% effort Monday night, and will not be ready to face blazing hot Carolina team on 6 days rest.

As far as the Panther D not being good, that's crazy. Indy proved they can play against any D Monday Night, but to call Carolina not good is just not right.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:42 pm

You are right, I should have wrote, "Carolina's pass D is not very good" I know that their run D is good, except for when Duckett got 100 yds...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk