Jennings : Driver :: Houshmanzadeh : C Johnson ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jennings : Driver :: Houshmanzadeh : C Johnson ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jennings : Driver :: Houshmanzadeh : C Johnson ?

Postby saundman2000 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:44 pm

Jennings is to Driver as Housh is to CJ ?

I'm inclined to think so. The last three weeks Jennings has gotten more looks, catches and TDs than Driver.

I think what's happening is that Driver and Johnson are attracting so much coverage that their nearly as talented counterparts are much more wide open on a regular basis. Even to the point of making them their respective QB's favorite target.

So you could make the argument that you would rather have Housh and Jennings on your fantasy team than Driver and CJ.

Is this for real? You think it will continue to be a trend through the rest of the season?
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dunbar2000 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:55 pm

Saudmann, as insightful questions go this is a huge one. If the trend continues, this will be huge for the season and while Jennings and Housh would be buy highs, it would still be worth dealing for them.........

I have tried dealing for Housh already, and no dice. Part of why Driver hasnt been doign better is drops and he is hurt as hell. The guy is tough as nails though so he has been playing through it, but that has reduced his performance. That and the aforementioned drops. As a GBay fan I only expect to see Favre's confidence grow in Jennings. It still is just too hard for me to break years of fantasy habit/observation and just say Jennings and Housh are better. It has been what, 3 games of outperformning Johnson and Driver? If it continues for another week or two, yes.

The problem with that is it will already be too late to even buy them high because their owners will be 100 percent, instead of 90 percent sold on them being true #1's on their teams. What do people think?
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Jennings : Driver :: Houshmanzadeh : C Johnson ?

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:16 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Jennings is to Driver as Housh is to CJ ?

I'm inclined to think so. The last three weeks Jennings has gotten more looks, catches and TDs than Driver.

I think what's happening is that Driver and Johnson are attracting so much coverage that their nearly as talented counterparts are much more wide open on a regular basis. Even to the point of making them their respective QB's favorite target.

So you could make the argument that you would rather have Housh and Jennings on your fantasy team than Driver and CJ.

Is this for real? You think it will continue to be a trend through the rest of the season?

id take housh and jennings all year long over the other 2....

people seem to forget this is week 7, well into the season and about at midpoint, its not preseason anymroe, and its for sure not last season or the past 5 seasons....

the trends that you have seen are going to continue, this isnt the case of one good game, or a few lucky games, these players have performed well for some time now, not that driver and johnson will have bad seasons, but i dont think they will be better then the wr opposite each
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:13 pm

While I agree about Housh over CJ I don't think Jennings surpasses Driver if Driver is healthy. Look at Driver's stats over the first few games, they were monsterous. When he is on the field he is definately Favre's favorite target.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:13 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:While I agree about Housh over CJ I don't think Jennings surpasses Driver if Driver is healthy. Look at Driver's stats over the first few games, they were monsterous. When he is on the field he is definately Favre's favorite target.

Drivers stats were much better in the first few games because Jennings hardly played at all. The first game i dont think he even caugt a pass. The last 3 games he has become a huge part of the offense.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:15 pm

I would rather have Jennings and Chad than Driver and Housh. Simply put, I think Jennings is replacing Driver as the #1 receiver in GB, while nobody will be replacing Chad in Cincy anytime soon.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:46 am

Give me the #1 options anyday
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:11 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I would rather have Jennings and Chad than Driver and Housh. Simply put, I think Jennings is replacing Driver as the #1 receiver in GB, while nobody will be replacing Chad in Cincy anytime soon.

I have to disagree with you there ORS. While Chad's worried about his next witty comment Houshmandzadeh's worried about catching passes. The times are-a-changin' in the Queen City, and CJ vs. Housh is rapidly becoming sizzle vs. steak.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Crippler » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:23 am

I'd take Chad and Driver over TJ and Jennings. I see more of a flip back to previous years when defenses now shift more towards the hot playing WRs. Chad and Driver will get out of their slumps, and will be back to #1 producing WRs on their teams very soon.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:45 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I would rather have Jennings and Chad than Driver and Housh. Simply put, I think Jennings is replacing Driver as the #1 receiver in GB, while nobody will be replacing Chad in Cincy anytime soon.

I have to disagree with you there ORS. While Chad's worried about his next witty comment Houshmandzadeh's worried about catching passes. The times are-a-changin' in the Queen City, and CJ vs. Housh is rapidly becoming sizzle vs. steak.

As the attention turns towards Housh as will Chad's looks. I consider him a different breed of the cocky receiver. I saw an interview on Fox last season where he was asked if he considers himself one of the top receivers in the game. I expected the usual, 'Hell, yeah'. Instead he said he can't put himself in that category until he helps his team win a Super Bowl, then maybe he can be considered one of the best in the game. I just see a guy having fun and pumping himself up. I don't like showboating, but I he's a team player, not a TO, imo.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk