Jennings : Driver :: Houshmanzadeh : C Johnson ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jennings : Driver :: Houshmanzadeh : C Johnson ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:16 pm

Big difference here....Driver does not have the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL, he was #1 by default because GB has not had anyone worth crap other then him since Walker went down Game 1, 2005. Chad Johnson has led the NFL in receiving for three years running, it is only a matter of time before he starts rolling again. This might be a down year for him from a fantasy perspective, but he is command respect in the real game. The Bengals are not like old TO and Randy Moss teams where there are no other options, so they still get tons of looks regardless of coverage.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MEK4178 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:07 pm

Give me Jennings and Chad anyday. Jennings is the 04' Javon, and Chad will come on stong the rest of the way out. You don't have combos of 1300 yards and 10 td's for 4 years, and then not produde. He will.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:47 pm

BigMusky wrote:Big difference here....Driver does not have the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL, he was #1 by default because GB has not had anyone worth crap other then him since Walker went down Game 1, 2005. Chad Johnson has led the NFL in receiving for three years running, it is only a matter of time before he starts rolling again. This might be a down year for him from a fantasy perspective, but he is command respect in the real game. The Bengals are not like old TO and Randy Moss teams where there are no other options, so they still get tons of looks regardless of coverage.

Pretty sure Driver was still #1 with Javon there. Maybe not last year but before.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:39 pm

You can essentially take CJ completely out of a game with double coverage. Im not sure things will get better for CJ unless they change the plays or come up with new plays for him to get him more involved. He's not like TO or Moss who can break free of double coverage and still get open. Housh is the number option in Cinnci right now. And when C. Henry gets back, he may get the No. 2 type stats.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moose162 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:21 am

fantasizing wrote:You can essentially take CJ completely out of a game with double coverage. Im not sure things will get better for CJ unless they change the plays or come up with new plays for him to get him more involved. He's not like TO or Moss who can break free of double coverage and still get open. Housh is the number option in Cinnci right now. And when C. Henry gets back, he may get the No. 2 type stats.

i love how many people are doubting CHAD JOHNSON now. i love it. if it was so easy to take him out of the game by simply doubling him, don't you think teams would have started years ago?
moose162
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:24 am

moose162 wrote:
fantasizing wrote:You can essentially take CJ completely out of a game with double coverage. Im not sure things will get better for CJ unless they change the plays or come up with new plays for him to get him more involved. He's not like TO or Moss who can break free of double coverage and still get open. Housh is the number option in Cinnci right now. And when C. Henry gets back, he may get the No. 2 type stats.

i love how many people are doubting CHAD JOHNSON now. i love it. if it was so easy to take him out of the game by simply doubling him, don't you think teams would have started years ago?

I hope you're right. I hope CJ can start getting the stats he put up the last few years, but it seems right now he's not getting the looks.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:07 am

I guess Jennings can't be like Housh if he can't suit up. Hopefully that ankle isn't that bad and he can get back on the field soon.

Jennings did have 2 or 3 disturbing drops that game before he got hurt. They were quick slants and it looks like it hit him right in the hands. Favre didn't look too happy about it. I think Jennings can rebound though as long as he's healthy.

Driver can still do it. Even as the only legit receiver in the game in the second half, he still got open and made the grabs.

I think CJ and Driver are great. The thing is that with Housh and Jennings, both the Packers and the Bengals have really good other options so it's all about the number of looks and opportunities that have to be shared. With any of the recievers out of the picture, I think any one of these guys has the ability to step up and put up good numbers as the featured guy.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:22 am

I benched chad this week daring him to breakout...didnt happen :-/
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Retet » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:37 am

I just don't understand the "wait for CJ" to break out idea. It's week seven (mid point in the FF season) and Housh has outscored him every single week that they've played together.
How long do you wait? Week 10? Week 13? By that time, his "break out" will only be considered "that one good game" in a season of mediocracy.

EDIT: Sorry -- this post is full the ranting of an angst-ridden, fustrated Johnson owner. ;-)
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:15 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I would rather have Jennings and Chad than Driver and Housh. Simply put, I think Jennings is replacing Driver as the #1 receiver in GB, while nobody will be replacing Chad in Cincy anytime soon.

I agree with you. I would rather have Jennings + CJ than Housh + Driver
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk