Kurt Warner to Pittsburgh..... what if? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kurt Warner to Pittsburgh..... what if?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dsteele66 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:36 pm

Warner to Pittsburgh -- god no! Then we'd have a retread Arena Leaguer to go with our retread XFL'r. All we'd need is to lure Jim Kelly out of retirement and we could have a USFL'r too. Oh joy!

Seriously, while I wasn't and still aren't sold on Maddox, I think he'd be better than Warner at this point. Warner has trouble staying healthy anymore and the Steeler's o-line wouldn't make his life any easier (that's Maddox's problem, the o-line can't block).

If I had to pick a FA at this point, it would be Brunell, not Warner...

As for the Bears, Kordell is the only player there showing some heart (and I'm a Kordell basher) -- even when things are going bad (and they are lately), he looks calm and in command.

Da bears have o-line problems as well -- stick an immobile guy like Warner back there and he'd get a concussion that he might not wake up from...
QB: A. Brooks; P. Ramsey
RB: C. Portis; T. Henry; M. Williams; L. Gordon
WR: J. Horn; L. Coles; K. Robinson; C. Rogers
TE: A. Crumpler; D. Clark
K: S. Janikowski; O. Mare
Def: Panthers; Falcons
----
Start: QB, RBx2, WRx2, TE, K, Def
dsteele66
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:55 pm

TheREALfan wrote:Kurt Warner is a joke. He is a one year wonder. And I'll tell you why. God is mad at him. Someone told Warner to sell himself out and to stop mentioning God and Jesus. This is not a joke. Ever since he stopped thanking god, he has been terrible. Stick with me on this one.

TheREALfan wrote:Ok, If you think the best Linebacker ever is Lewis, or you only know about Moss and Owens, then get the hell of of my topic.

TheREALfan wrote:GET THE HELL OFF OF MY TOPIC!

TheREALfan wrote:No shit...............I am sure there fans don't get hard over todays NFL

TheREALfan wrote:I'll tell you what a player from the 70"s has to do with fantasy football..............If it wasn't for them, you nerds wouldn't be doing this right now.

Wow, TheREALfan. I've only bothered to read a few of your previous posts and I can see that you live your life by example. I'm so glad we have you here on the forum to tell us how important it is to live with God. Word of advice, people aren't going to take spiritual advice from a loud-mouthed, know-it-all jerk.
TheREALfan wrote:Stick with me on this one.

Yeah, Right!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:02 pm

josebach wrote:
TheREALfan wrote:Kurt Warner is a joke. He is a one year wonder. And I'll tell you why. God is mad at him. Someone told Warner to sell himself out and to stop mentioning God and Jesus. This is not a joke. Ever since he stopped thanking god, he has been terrible. Stick with me on this one.

TheREALfan wrote:Ok, If you think the best Linebacker ever is Lewis, or you only know about Moss and Owens, then get the hell of of my topic.

TheREALfan wrote:No shit...............I am sure there fans don't get hard over todays NFL

TheREALfan wrote:I'll tell you what a player from the 70"s has to do with fantasy football..............If it wasn't for them, you nerds wouldn't be doing this right now.

Wow, TheREALfan. I've only bothered to read a few of your previous posts and I can see that you live your life by example. I'm so glad we have you here on the forum to tell us how important it is to live with God. Word of advice, people aren't going to take spiritual advice from a loud-mouthed, know-it-all jerk.

Yeah, Right!!!

The Real Fan has done wonders for this forum this week hasn't he?? :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby OdeToNo1 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:08 pm

God is mad at him.

Wow, you figured it out! Way to go!

It frightens me that people think like this.
OdeToNo1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby foreverabearsfan » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:11 pm

hell no! warner should not come to chicago. the bears have had enough of non mobile pocket passers. kordell is amazing - if he finds nothing he runs for a first down. first downs have been hard to come by lately in chicago, and i think kordell by the end will be a feared weapon once again.
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby big shot » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:27 pm

I dont know about the rest of you, but the realfan has given me more to laugh about this week than i have in a long time. you guys were just as ignorant towards me when i started posting here, maybe if you all listened to what this dude had to say, just maybe you would learn something. the guy makes a lot of good points. now real fan , i got a question for you, Where on earth did you hear that someone told kurt warner to stop thanking God so he did. ??????????????
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hawker » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:38 pm

josebach wrote:

Yeah, Right!!!

He has somewhat of a point. When Warner was successful he had some humility about him (he was thanking God). As he's gotten away from that and taken credit for himself his success has dwindled. Is it because God is mad at him, maybe but probably not, is because his pride has gotten in the way and he is not as humble to rely on others as much...I'd say it probably plays a part. Especially with Vermeil gone :-b
Hawker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby big shot » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:43 pm

the whole kurt warner thanking god is start to make alot of sense. Im not one to judge, but it does make a very good point. the same goes for danny wurfell in college he was always thanking god praying in the endzone. Now he doenst at all and look at his career. pretty crazy stuff
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:59 pm

big shot wrote:the whole kurt warner thanking god is start to make alot of sense. Im not one to judge, but it does make a very good point. the same goes for danny wurfell in college he was always thanking god praying in the endzone. Now he doenst at all and look at his career. pretty crazy stuff

Maybe if Danny Wuerffel actually made it to the endzone, he would say a prayer. LOL... You guys are something else.

WAKE UP CALL: Bad things happen to good people ALL THE TIME!!!... and it has nothing to do with them not praying enough.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:37 pm

Actually I think Maddox is more perfect for what Pittsburgh is trying to do with that offense. And Maddox is better right now. Sunday night would have happened to Warner too, but add two morw fumbles and another interception. Maddox flailed for that game, but Warner has flailed spectacularly every time he's suited up for the past 13 months.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk