Who else pays for each roster move? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who else pays for each roster move?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:25 pm

I've never been to crazy about the money moves. I think you should be able to make them (within reason) , as you wish for free.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:54 pm

$2 per WW transaction, money is paid out to the 2 teams in the championship game 2/3 and 1/3 ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby SDChargerFan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:55 pm

We pay $2 for each move and the $$ goes towards a party at the end of the season. With all of the money from the transactions plus the low score of each week pays $5 we end up with a couple hundred bucks to buy food and booze, it works out pretty well.
SDChargerFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Infidel » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:25 am

As Da Commish, I just got sick of the accounting hassle when we charged $1 trx. I contributed the proceeds to the end of year party anyway. So now, I just charge everyone $10 and do all the trx you want. It has increased activity and at least I feel better about all the time I spend. Usually put it towards league beer anyway but, I don't have too. Everyone knows how much time I put in and they are all very happy with it.

But, when your WW system is complex such that Commish has to do stuff (like mine) something should be charged. No one else in my league wants my job because they know how much I have to do to keep everything fair and everyone happy.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:02 am

We do $1 for every addition to the roster, be it through trade or free agency.

I don't even want to know how much I've contributed to the final payout so far...hopefully, I'll win it so I don't have to worry about it... 8-o
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: Who else pays for each roster move?

Postby EagleFan68 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:48 pm

brownsfantasygirl wrote:In my league, we pay $1 for every roster move---trade, waiver wire or free agent pick-up.

So far I've made 10 moves (three were to help me with bye situations, and since I picked 11th out of 14, I was in desperate need of a QB and picked up Penny and Leinart). I'm 4-2.

The high scorer each week (14 teams) wins $5, and I've done it once so I'm only $5 in the hole so far.

I was just curious what other leagues do. I would probably make a few more moves if I didn't have to pay each time.

We pay $1 for each move to which goes into the prize pool for the end of the year. We also have a $30 weekly prize for highest points scored.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby footballboy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:09 pm

we pay $10 per move with a 2-move-per-week maximum. consider yourselves lucky with the $1 & $2 moves B-)
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wreckincrew4U » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:14 am

Our league was a 14 team $20 buy in league. We have $2 per WW add and $2 per player per trade. We get three free transactions. This method really makes the end of the year payout very nice. Also, I am always competing with one or two other owners for the "Steinbrenner" trophy in our league.
wreckincrew4U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:58 am

$5 per waiver. $10 per trade.

Pot for the Super Bowl Champ the past two years has exceeded over $2000. More than 50% of this money comes from transactions. First year, I was hesitant to make moves. Now I'll make 3 moves on Saturday night if it means I have a 1% better chance to win on Sunday or in the future. Can't make money if you don't spend money.

No in-season transactions = cripples your team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby crapshooter » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:32 am

We charge $10 for each move. It makes a nice pot at the end of the year. We also charge $310 entry fee to play and with 14 teams playing we come up with a good pot.
crapshooter
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk