Who else pays for each roster move? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who else pays for each roster move?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby brownsfantasygirl » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:48 am

Wow, some of you are spending some big bucks!!

After reading these replies, I no longer feel bad for paying a measley dollar to make a move. I was feeling odd since I was making the most moves, but as of right now I'm headed to the playoffs so it will be worth it.

Thanks for your replies.
brownsfantasygirl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:25 am

I pay $2 per add/drop.

We only get 1 per week as well.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JakeTrain72 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:58 am

In my money keeper league it's $6 a pickup and $6 a trade (3 from each team). All that week's transaction fees go into that weeks pot. Every team has to "ante" $2 each week as well. The highest scoring team that week wins the pot. With 12 teams, during BYE weeks it can approach $100. Usually if you win one week it will cover your transactions costs for the season, so it isn't too bad but you still have to earn it.

This is pretty nice for two reasons. First with a $6 pickup fee it defends against roster churning (for defenses, kickers, etc.) and "flavor of the week" adds.

Secondly, it provides nice inseason weekly payouts that make it fun, competitive and worth your while.

As many other leagues do, we must put money up front into our "account." If our balance reaches $0 we cannot make anymore roster moves until more money is paid to the commissioner.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LoPan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Wow. I thought our league was kinda middle of the road as far as cost, but we seem to have the most exhorbidant fees (for WW at least). Trades are free and the first seven waiver moves are free. Then, each additional WW transaction is 20 dollars. As a guy who likes to be first on the possible RBBC to feature back transition, I've blown through all my moves and then some. That said I'm still holding the bag with Culpepper and other duds. I wouldn't mind the fee, but we only have five bench spots on our roster and we had to draft prior to the start of PRESEASON! I like the idea of small fees per move because right now, no one is paying into the pot because they don't want to shell out such a big chunk of money. Guys are just playing defenses and kickers who are on a bye.
LoPan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm

We pay $5 per waiver wire move, and $10 per trade ($5 from each side involved, though can be negotiated as part of the trade - as long as the league collects $10).

It avoids the weekly add/drop of kickers and DSTs, but we are required to carry 2 of each on our roster, so 20 are always off the board.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Teck » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:33 pm

we do I think a buck or 2 bucks for every move in our league, but we get 5 bucks per win I think or something like that. 15 team $100 dollars, it works out alright.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Crippler » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Wow, I had no idea that so many leagues require payment for moves. I may look into this for my $ leagues next year.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby 2nah » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 pm

the first 20 moves are free, every move after that is $2.00...
are league is IDP so there are lots of moves, most teams are at 18 to 25 moves by this time in the season.
2nah
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk