DeShaun Foster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DeShaun Foster

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeShaun Foster

Postby Warpigs » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:49 pm

I've had weird hunches about certain players prior to them breaking out. Some of it is based on reason, some on plain hunch. I predicted early before the season that Vick would go down (it was pretty obvious when considering his style of play), Marshall would be injured -- shortly before he was out (he hasn't played a full season since the 90s) and now I'm getting the same feeling about another player...

Stephen Davis has been a great success story lately. He has bounced back from mediocrity and become a top back. However, I really think its going to be short-lived. He has an injury history of his own and is now taking hits more often than anytime else in his career. Yes, the Carolina offense is perfect for him, but ultimately he will be breaking down.

When he does, DeShaun Foster will become one of the best backs in the NFL. He has speed, talent and potential and will thrive in the same system that's making Davis look like a stud now. I'm advising you all that if you have an extra space on your roster, pick up Foster and keep an eye on Carolina's highlights each week. Just a feeling...
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:51 pm

Warpigs, I hope you quit getting your eerie vibes on Davis, he's carrying the RB crew for one of my leagues... I do have room for Foster, just the same. I'll ponder that, danke....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Homeless » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:00 pm

Hey, when it comes to me and Davis, youre preaching to the choir, ive been saying I expect him to get hurt since the end of last season. If I had a spot I would carry foster too.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby nebula » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:52 pm

I drafted Foster on that same feeling.
I also drafted Barlow and Jordan.
None have panned out yet.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stinky » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:52 pm

Foster has all the speed and moves to make it.. he just leaves the ball on the ground too often. If he can find the handle he will be a top 10 back when he gets the chance
stinky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cliff Harris » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:03 pm

Carolina has some very, very favorable matchups once the fantasy playoffs roll around and some pretty tough matchups in the immediate future. And despite not owning Stephen Davis and really wishing nothing TOO terrible upon him (or his owners), I am going to keep Foster around for the longevity of the season.

Maybe I'd be smarter to have some of my own backups at this point?! Chester Taylor anyone?
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Foster

Postby blueonion » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:21 am

Well I drafted Lamar Gordon and Deshaun Foster for the same reasons. Just crossing my fingers right now.

Anybody remember Michael Westbrook hitting Davis with a sucker punch in Washington?

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: DeShaun Foster

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:20 pm

Warpigs wrote:I've had weird hunches about certain players prior to them breaking out. Some of it is based on reason, some on plain hunch. I predicted early before the season that Vick would go down (it was pretty obvious when considering his style of play), Marshall would be injured -- shortly before he was out (he hasn't played a full season since the 90s) and now I'm getting the same feeling about another player...

Stephen Davis has been a great success story lately. He has bounced back from mediocrity and become a top back. However, I really think its going to be short-lived. He has an injury history of his own and is now taking hits more often than anytime else in his career. Yes, the Carolina offense is perfect for him, but ultimately he will be breaking down.

When he does, DeShaun Foster will become one of the best backs in the NFL. He has speed, talent and potential and will thrive in the same system that's making Davis look like a stud now. I'm advising you all that if you have an extra space on your roster, pick up Foster and keep an eye on Carolina's highlights each week. Just a feeling...

Stop player hating Warpigs. :-t

Stephen Davis will not get hurt. He runs behind one of the best offensive lines in football. In addition he was relatively unused last year-partly b/c he played for Steve Suppier and partly b/c of nagging injuries. I agree that DeShuan Foster is a good back but you should go around posting that this guy is going to get hurt.......bad karma.

Friendliness: %

Re: DeShaun Foster

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:28 pm

Warpigs wrote:I've had weird hunches about certain players prior to them breaking out. Some of it is based on reason, some on plain hunch. I predicted early before the season that Vick would go down (it was pretty obvious when considering his style of play), Marshall would be injured -- shortly before he was out (he hasn't played a full season since the 90s) and now I'm getting the same feeling about another player...

These predictions really aren't bold or wierd hunches. You said it yourself Faulk has not played a full season since what 99 or 2000? So anyone drafting him should be concerned with his injury history. No surprise that he was hurt this season. Of course Vick had the potential to get hurt-didn't the same thing happen to Cunningham and Elway?(Not that Elway was a great runner but he was a good scrambler.
Regarding S David you are only basing your prediction on the number of carries he has had the last 4 games-a legit concern. But no reason go handcuffing backups. DeShawn Foster is good and anyone should pick him up if they have room-but if you have to dump a guy like T Streets or Carr don't do it you are just letting other teams have your good players b/c of a fear that is not going to materialize.

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk