Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 7 GC: PHI @ TB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:47 pm

bige47 wrote:
XHendrix wrote:
bige47 wrote:
XHendrix wrote:
bige47 wrote:This game is solely McNabbs fault. He threw 3 picks and 2 returned for a TD.

Also Andy Reid is an idiot for not kicking the FG at the end of the 1st half.

And McDougal needs to be released for that 30 yard penatly, which TB got a FG out of it.

Lastly, How does one of the worse FG kickers in the league make a 62 yard FG

Mcnabb also threw 3 touchdowns and put his team ahead in the 4'th quarter.That shows how great of a quarteback he is, he throws 3 interceptions, then comes back and throws 3 touchdowns in the second half.

Oh, I must be mistaken. I didn't know great Qb's were suppose to throw 3 Int's with 2 of them being returned for TD's. My fault you must be right

yea he totally screwed his team, he only had 300 passing yards, 76 rushing yards, and 3 touchdowns. What a bum he's bringing down his team.

I am not saying he sucks. I just clearly stated that they lost this game because of him. Yes he did bring them back which was great and showed how great of a QB he can be. However, because of the 3 picks and 2 of them being returned they lost. I mean the Defense only let yup 9 points.

I don't like to use this term, but frankly, that's ignorant. Dmac spotted them 14 and was responsible for 21, last time I checked, that's more.

the defense didn't even really screw up, except for mcdougle's stupid, stupid penalty. What are you going to do against a guy who hits a 62 yarder. If a tema had a guy who could hit that consistently, they would come damn close to undefeated.

It wasn't mcnabb's fault, considering he was 370 yards of offense and three tds. He did give them points, but still.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:55 pm

On top of my team losing, my opponent's defense was none other than Tampa Bay. This will be the second time this year I lose because the other defense scored multiple TDs, unless my Denver scores a couple too.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

First of all, the decisino by "Reid" to not go for the 3: NOT Reid's fault... Donovan's fault. He's supposed to make shure he throws that ball away if there's not a receiver open in the end zone...certainly shouldn't be flipping it short to LJ a yard shy of the end zone....

Secondly, Donovan didn't play well today; he was a big part of the reason the team lost. He had 3 INTs, 2 of which went back for TDs, and a 4th mental turnover to end the first half. When you cancel the yards and the TDs with the picks with the turnovers, they come out about even....Somehow, the Eagles got over 500 yards of offense and still found a way to only get 21 points.... McDougle also gets a big boo for drop-kicking the flag. (although i think that facemask should have been 5 yards, not 15...)
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanTB » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:04 pm

LOL, the best part is the announcer saying "they're just too good" right before they lose! LMAO!
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eagles2miami » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:05 pm

If I hear one more thing on here about how McNabb sucks, I may pull the trigger on everyone. That is the most ridiculous thing I may have ever heard. Sure he had a shaky first half but played the his behind off in the 2nd half. The man is a stud muffin if I've ever seen one. To say he sucks is the worst thing i may have ever heard. He has bene the best QB in the league this season and the birds would not win a game without donny behind center. i am a huge eagles fan and have season tickets and i know this one really hurt. Matt Bryant a career high of 50 and a seaosn high of 28 before this hits a 62 yd FG to win, that just doenst happen here. We can't rely on Donny to go insane every week. THE GUY STILL THREW FOR OVER 300 YARDS GIVE ME A BREAK. THE OFFENSE HAD OVER 500 YARDS AND THE DEFENSE HELD TB TO UNDER 200. EVERYTHING BUT THE INTS POINTS TO AN EAGLES W, BUT THATS NOT ALWAYS HOW IT WORKS IN THIS LEAGUE. SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIKE MATT BRYANT GET LUCKY AND LIVE THEIR DREAM FOR 10 MINUTES ONLY TO SEE IT CRUSHED NEXT WEEK.

edit...
eagles2miami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RyanTB » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:13 pm

eagles2miami wrote:If I hear one more thing on here about how McNabb sucks, I may pull the trigger on everyone. That is the most ridiculous thing I may have ever heard. Sure he had a shaky first half but played the his behind off in the 2nd half. The man is a stud muffin if I've ever seen one. To say he sucks is the worst thing i may have ever heard. He has bene the best QB in the league this season and the birds would not win a game without donny behind center. i am a huge eagles fan and have season tickets and i know this one really hurt. Matt Bryant a career high of 50 and a seaosn high of 28 before this hits a 62 yd FG to win, that just doenst happen here. We can't rely on Donny to go insane every week. THE GUY STILL THREW FOR OVER 300 YARDS GIVE ME A BREAK. THE OFFENSE HAD OVER 500 YARDS AND THE DEFENSE HELD TB TO UNDER 200. EVERYTHING BUT THE INTS POINTS TO AN EAGLES W, BUT THATS NOT ALWAYS HOW IT WORKS IN THIS LEAGUE. SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIKE MATT BRYANT GET LUCKY AND LIVE THEIR DREAM FOR 10 MINUTES ONLY TO SEE IT CRUSHED NEXT WEEK.

edit...

The Eagles are lucky to even have been in the game with 4 turnovers, 3 of them McNabbs fault. Not to mention the fact that he made a throw that doesn't give his FG kicker a shot. Yeah he sucks basically. edit

Matt Bryant > Donovan McNabb
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:22 pm

I love Eagles fans. They are great reading.

I can clearly come on here and say Bledsoe sucks when he throws 3 INTs. I can lay the blame on Bledsoe for losing that game against the Eagles.

I don't care what he did the second half. He blew the game in the first half. Last I checked MCNabb needs to play 4 quarters of football to win. Of course sometimes I don't thinmk he realizes this (remember the SB?). Just cause he comes back in the second half and gives his team a chance to win a game he has already given away doesn't make it any less of his fault.BTW, not sure if anyone actually said McNabb sucks. I wouldn't go that far.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby swyck » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:32 pm

sportsaddict wrote:62 yrd fg?

wow

what a devastating loss for the eagles though, cant imagine what its like for their fans

Even if its not the record, it has to be a record for a walk off game winner. I can't believe that loss after that come back.

8-o 8-o 8-o
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hermesz1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:37 pm

swyck wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:62 yrd fg?

wow

what a devastating loss for the eagles though, cant imagine what its like for their fans

Even if its not the record, it has to be a record for a walk off game winner. I can't believe that loss after that come back.

8-o 8-o 8-o

The only reason anyone would ever attempt a 62 yarder is because its the end of the game... or MAYBE going into the half.

It's no record.

Now... McNabb puts up good fantasy numbers, but doesn't get the win. What does he think this is? The post season?

Rocking a couple quarters isn't how an NFL does the hokey-pokey.
Fat man in Under Armour vows to protect this Waffle House
Hermesz1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:45 pm

i don't think you can add rawdawg.

last time I checked, 14 is less than 21. Mcnabb accounted for 21 points, three td's. he erased the damge he did.

The difference between beldsoe and mcnabb is that yes, the ints were no one's fault byut his, and weren't luck.

the difference being is he made amends for that and gave the eagles the lead.

since the eagles were leading with 30 seconds left, because of him, its not his fault.

to say anything else is patently idiotic. you just like ragging on the eagles. I hate the boys too, but you need to at least apply some logic.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting