Week 7 GC: PHI @ TB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 7 GC: PHI @ TB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:46 pm

It missed the tying the record by 1 yard. Pretty impressive.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanTB » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:50 pm

Well maybe it's just that Ronde Barber is THAT GOOD and it really has nothing to do with Mcsnabb.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

roind ebarber is fantastic. two great plays. that wasn't mcnabb screwing up per se, both were awesome plays.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i don't think you can add rawdawg.

last time I checked, 14 is less than 21. Mcnabb accounted for 21 points, three td's. he erased the damge he did.

The difference between beldsoe and mcnabb is that yes, the ints were no one's fault byut his, and weren't luck.

the difference being is he made amends for that and gave the eagles the lead.

since the eagles were leading with 30 seconds left, because of him, its not his fault.

to say anything else is patently idiotic. you just like ragging on the eagles. I hate the boys too, but you need to at least apply some logic.

Hehe, read through some of this thread and it is pretty amusing.

Arguing whether or not the loss was McNabb's fault is an argument that has no end. Circular logic, chicken or the egg type of argument.

I just like how McNabb threw up. Totally unexpected. But hey, the Raiders won!! LOL!!
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:00 pm

I knew it was a windy day. Some of the kickoffs for TB went out of the endzone when they were kicking that way. But make a 62 yarder... That was totally insane. So awesome for the Bucs.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RyanTB » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:06 pm

SniperShot wrote:I knew it was a windy day. Some of the kickoffs for TB went out of the endzone when they were kicking that way. But make a 62 yarder... That was totally insane. So awesome for the Bucs.

It wasn't windy at my house at all and I am in Tampa. Strange.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mrblitz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:11 pm

Damn! Couldn't believe what i saw watching Bryant kick that 62 yarder really put a dagger in me. Unbelievable. :~(

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:23 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i don't think you can add rawdawg.

last time I checked, 14 is less than 21. Mcnabb accounted for 21 points, three td's. he erased the damge he did.

The difference between beldsoe and mcnabb is that yes, the ints were no one's fault byut his, and weren't luck.

the difference being is he made amends for that and gave the eagles the lead.

since the eagles were leading with 30 seconds left, because of him, its not his fault.

to say anything else is patently idiotic. you just like ragging on the eagles. I hate the boys too, but you need to at least apply some logic.

ROTFLMAO!!! You're talking to me about logic and math?

The point that you are bringing up about McNabb only accounting for 14 points for the Bucs and he accounted for 21 with the Eagles is a joke. A QB shjouldn't count for any points against his team. Especially not 14. What makes it worse is the fact the Bucs couldn't move the ball against the Eagles D. If not for McNabb the Eagles win this game. They didn't because he spotted them 14 points. And btw, how do you count a dump off Westbrook takes to the house as McNabb's 7 points. Just cause he made a dump off pass doesn't mean he should get the credit. I mean if Westy rushed it would that still count for McNabb too? I know it count for him the books. But come on.

But back to the original point. McNabb account for 21 points doesn't make up for the fact he gave them 14 and they won because of those 14. That kick means nothing if McNabb doesn't spot them the 14 points.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nadyhin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:08 pm

i still say
westbrook shudve walked up n down the goal line
wen he had that 50 yard run
My team:
Brady (Philip Rivers)
Parker, Alexander( Betts, Thomas)
Harrison, Owens, Plaxico( reggie williams, antonio bryant)
Mcmichael(Desmond Clark)
Atlanta( Indy)
Gould( Vinatieri)
nadyhin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:27 pm

i still say
westbrook shudve walked up n down the goal line
wen he had that 50 yard run

Interesting thought...he slowed down too, maybe he should've waited for some TB guys, then went into the endzone. HOwever, I don't know if somebody might consider that showoff/unethical....

And as for the argument about McNabb winning/losing the game, I will say this. The Tampa Bay defense, led by Ronde Barber, won that game. Now if you think that means that the Eagles O lost it, fine, same difference basically. Whether or not McNabb lost it or Tampa Bay's defense won it can be argued, but essentially the eagles offense scored 7 points. And Eagles turnovers gave away at least 9 points of their own that they could've scored That's a BAD offensive performance at any level of football...

Too bad for the Eagles' D, they really dominated today but still found a way to lose the football game...
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting