WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH EDDIE GEORGE? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH EDDIE GEORGE?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Doctor D » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:54 pm

I luckily stayed away from Eddie on draft day. He is an old slow back and there is no signs of a recovery. Also, the Titans are a passing team now.
Doctor D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:46 pm

Can't respond, you are a Cheese Head. GO VIKINGS!!!!!

Just kidding, I think he has been overrated this whole time, he isn't as good without the All-pro center on the team.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:24 am

BradtheImpaler wrote:yall forgot something else....just like bettis and the steelers george is also suffering from the titans becoming more of a passing team.....they dont reply on eddie like they used to, so his age is a factor and now thier current system on offense

I don't think that's it at all. If he was a victim of a team going pass-happy, he'd be getting many fewer carries and many more yards per carry. This is not the case at all.

I honestly don't get how people could have liked George in the preseason but realized Emmitt was washed up. They're both old and need to retire.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:34 am

BradtheImpaler wrote:yall forgot something else....just like bettis and the steelers george is also suffering from the titans becoming more of a passing team.....they dont reply on eddie like they used to, so his age is a factor and now thier current system on offense

Yeah, but I think he's more the cause than the effect.... He sucks so bad that Tennessee has been forced into a pass-first offense.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby grugnur » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:20 pm

he's been used and abused... look at stephen davis...he's the same type of back but the redskins were too stupid to use him last year so he's fresh...
grugnur

Friendliness: %

Stephen Davis

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:24 pm

Stephen Davis graduated from Auburn and spent about 3 or 4 seasons on Washington's bench, so Stephen Davis does not have nearly the wear and tear on him as Eddie George.

the BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Stephen Davis

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:27 pm

blueonion wrote:Stephen Davis graduated from Auburn and spent about 3 or 4 seasons on Washington's bench, so Stephen Davis does not have nearly the wear and tear on him as Eddie George.

the BlueOnion

I could be wrong, and probably shouldn't even jump in, but I think he was pointing out that Davis and George have the same *style* of running. Not that they've been hammered equally.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:30 pm

grugnur wrote:he's been used and abused... look at stephen davis...he's the same type of back but the redskins were too stupid to use him last year so he's fresh...

this is what we call ignorance.

davis's fumbilitis, bad hands, and huge salary were the reasons he was cut. he fits into carolinas offense well. everyone knew he would. he does not and would never have fit into spurriers scheme; thats not his fault or spurriers. keeping him would have been a waste of $11 mil and probably would have prevented the skins from signing coles. now really... how stupid was it?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kid a » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:56 am

terpfan wrote:
grugnur wrote:he's been used and abused... look at stephen davis...he's the same type of back but the redskins were too stupid to use him last year so he's fresh...

this is what we call ignorance.

davis's fumbilitis, bad hands, and huge salary were the reasons he was cut. he fits into carolinas offense well. everyone knew he would. he does not and would never have fit into spurriers scheme; thats not his fault or spurriers. keeping him would have been a waste of $11 mil and probably would have prevented the skins from signing coles. now really... how stupid was it?

I'm sure the Carolina Panthers are very happy he was cut! :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:04 pm

I am glad he was cut, he now is a good Fantasy RB.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk