Jets stupid if they don't keep Washington as their starter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets stupid if they don't keep Washington as their starter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:08 am

Kensat30 wrote:I wonder what happens when Cedric Houston and/or Curtis Martin come back. Leon looks good, but it doesn't seem like New York is willing to commit to any one feature RB for longer than 3 quarters or so.

That's what is puzzling to me. Other than the game against the Jags when he ran for over a 100, the Jets have had great success running the ball. True, currently it is with he and Barlow, but I think giving Barlow (or any other back) more than 10 touches a game to spell Washington is a bit much. On the flip side, giving a rookie RB too much work in his the first NFL season usually breaks them down as the season wears on. But I would hate to see some 3 or 4 headed monster at RB where it featured Barlow/Washington/Martin/Houston (Blaylok?).

Washington has displayed much more to this point than any of the other guys save Martin. And let's face it; Curtis has had a hall-of-fame career, but I would be extremely shocked if he were capable of much at this point (maybe a 3rd down back?), especially in light of his knee injury. I guess think of Thurman Thomas or Stephen Davis in the twilight of their careers.

Point being, Washington has, at least in my mind, earned the right to be named the starter until he does something to blow it and should see NO LESS than 20 touches a game to whoever else's 10.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:12 am

Gang Green wrote:I've been touting him on here to be the full time back and have been puzzled why he hasn't been all along. Every time he touches the ball, he's capable of taking it the distance. The similarities between him and Dunn are eerie. 8-o

Funny you should mention that, because that's who he reminded me of when I saw him play yesterday. A very quick and shifty runner.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 am

Hopefullly with Cleveland up next Washington will get a chance to get those 20-25 carries. I personally don't think we will see Curtis Martin play again. Reports in the paper and from him don't optimistic about him playing again. Barlow has bee running well at the goaline, Houston was runninbg well prior to his knee injury and I doubt barring any further injuries that you will see Blaylock anymore this year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk