Any eagles fans want to step forward... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:40 pm

and list a bunch of reasons why they are a better team then the Bucs again like they did last week vs the Saints lol...


im sure they are probably more reasons this time, feel free to list them ;-D
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:03 pm

well that's an obnoxious post. They aren't apparently. Tough to lose on a 62 yarder, but they did. what can you say.

Still a lot of football left, and they move the football all day. just gotta put it together. But part of being good isn't throwing two td's to the other team. they outgained them by a significant margin, but those TO's will kill you. barber is a heck of a player. and it was quite the nice kick. could have broken the record.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Kick was good from 65 at least.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:20 pm

definitely. quite the boot.

its weird, eagles dominated yardage, mcnabb erased the deficit, and they still lost. goes to show that weird things happen sometimes. braynt defintiely, definitely made himself some money on that one.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Postby EagleFan68 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:45 pm

LS2throwed wrote:and list a bunch of reasons why they are a better team then the Bucs again like they did last week vs the Saints lol...


im sure they are probably more reasons this time, feel free to list them ;-D


That's funny coming from a Cowfraud fan

38-24 remember that

You're all full of yourself, huuh?
Well partner, hate to tell you the Eagles just keep beating themselves with stupid plays. The Cowboys get beat and they got beat by the Eagles.

The entire NFC East which some said would be the best division in football SUCKS. Not one of these teams will get out of the first round of the playoffs.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1719
Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:15 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:and list a bunch of reasons why they are a better team then the Bucs again like they did last week vs the Saints lol...


im sure they are probably more reasons this time, feel free to list them ;-D


That's funny coming from a Cowfraud fan

38-24 remember that

You're all full of yourself, huuh?
Well partner, hate to tell you the Eagles just keep beating themselves with stupid plays. The Cowboys get beat and they got beat by the Eagles.

The entire NFC East which some said would be the best division in football SUCKS. Not one of these teams will get out of the first round of the playoffs.


LOL...the cowboys didn't beat themselves in that game? Thats comical. The Eagles kept trying to hand us the game with lousy coverage and bad penalties but we kept giving it back by not executing plays. You're lucky to have that win. Lets see how they do IN Dallas. Philly was supposed to win that game.

And like I've said from the beginning, the Eagles great record is a product of the bad teams they played at the beginning of the year. And they played The Giants and 'Boys at home. Now they have to play tougher teams and on the road to boot. They are in trouble!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:49 pm

until such time that the boys beat the eagles and you apply some logic to the games you watch, I think you are full of it.

Tampa Bay won, obviosuly fair and square. But you claiming int he commentary section that mcnabb "lost it" simple bleies your bais against the eagles. You gave me crap earlier for being a homer, but seriously.

If he gave the other team 14 pts, and led them to a lead with 30 seconds left, its hard to say he lost it, no matter how you torture the facts. mcnabb screwed up, but he overcame the screw up.

it wasn't luck, that the eagles beat the boys btw, your qb was hearing footsteps all day.

And if owens is so good, maybe he should read the ball as well as the defender covering him. he stood flatofooted like an idiot on that play, rather than knocking it down like a player should. he never does that, despite everyone saying "he leaves it all on the field.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm

eaglesrule wrote:until such time that the boys beat the eagles and you apply some logic to the games you watch, I think you are full of it.

Tampa Bay won, obviosuly fair and square. But you claiming int he commentary section that mcnabb "lost it" simple bleies your bais against the eagles. You gave me crap earlier for being a homer, but seriously.

If he gave the other team 14 pts, and led them to a lead with 30 seconds left, its hard to say he lost it, no matter how you torture the facts. mcnabb screwed up, but he overcame the screw up.

it wasn't luck, that the eagles beat the boys btw, your qb was hearing footsteps all day.

And if owens is so good, maybe he should read the ball as well as the defender covering him. he stood flatofooted like an idiot on that play, rather than knocking it down like a player should. he never does that, despite everyone saying "he leaves it all on the field.


OK, I'll agree Bledsoe was hearing footsteps all day and thats a big reason they lost the game. BUT that TO play you are talking about is totally wrong. The ball was underthrown by 10 yards. The only reason it's an INT instead of a TD is because the coverage was so BAD. The defender didn't read the play...if he had he would have been with TO. And he wouldn't have had a chance at the ball either.

And you logic is comical by saying McNabb only gave the Bucs 14 points and he got the Eagles 21 points so he scored more than he gave up. First, a QB shouldn't be the one giving up ANY points. And I'm pretty sure Westbrook had someething to do with the Eagles scoring that last TD...It was a DUMP off, how is that McNabb's doing? So in my scoring McNabb Gave the Bucs 14 and he scored 14. That's NOT a good ratio. You can try to twist it but McNabb handed the Bucs the win with poor throws...that simple. The Bucs couldn't move the ball at all. Without McNabb throwing those INTs it's easily an Eagles win.

And that Cowboys game was alot closer than the score of 38-24. The last play didn't matter. The fact is the Cowboys played one of the worst games I've seen in a long time on the road and should have tied it at thend of the game to put it in OT. Bledsoe could have made everyone forget about the rest of the game if he had just guided them to victory afterwards. But he didn't so he gets most of the blame because he had a horrible game. McNabb doesn't get off because he ALMOST brought the Eagles back to victory. if the Eagles win then sure he gets off the hook because in the end wins are all that matter. But they didn't win and it was because McNabb threw 2 TD passes to the wrong team.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby mrblitz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:20 pm

I am not your typical Eagle's fan. I am realistic. I actually picked the Bucs to beat us. I was pleasantly surprised when we looked like for a moment we were going to win. I think you may be generalizing all Eagles fans.
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Postby eagles21 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Hmm... very interesting post. First of all, I will say that the Bucs were the better team today, and that's what it's about. Who cares what happened last week or the week before, we lost today and the Bucs won. So the Bucs were the better team.

Second, I think you have to put the blame on the whole team here. Avant coughed up the football, Mcnabb through some int's, our defense made mistakes, the crap that happened at the end of the half, etc. I think it was a team loss.

Third, I hate obnoxious posts like these. I'm ok if you brag, but is it really necessary to make a whole new thread about it?
Image
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4613
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: State College, PA

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:13 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact