Any eagles fans want to step forward... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:03 pm

To be fair to the OP, I think this thread is in response to this thread.

I think all of the Saints fans on this board felt that the other thread was pretty obnoxious, and I don't really have a problem with this thread.

To be fair, there were plenty of Eagles fans that were giving the Saints credit for a good win, and I see a lot of them doing that here as well. But realize that this thread isn't directed toward all Eagles fans, just the ones that were saying that the Saints were overrated because they actually managed to beat the Eagles.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:05 pm

Sore loser!
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:19 am

onnestabe wrote:To be fair to the OP, I think this thread is in response to this thread.

I think all of the Saints fans on this board felt that the other thread was pretty obnoxious, and I don't really have a problem with this thread.

To be fair, there were plenty of Eagles fans that were giving the Saints credit for a good win, and I see a lot of them doing that here as well. But realize that this thread isn't directed toward all Eagles fans, just the ones that were saying that the Saints were overrated because they actually managed to beat the Eagles.

thank you for clearing that up, directing this thread mainly to the ones who felt the need to make a thread about how the saints were really not THAT good, and how they were so much of a better team even though they lost and listed a bunch of reasons why the saints had "gifts" and handovers, i just wanted to see if they had the same reasons this week, as thats 2 losses in a row to teams who are "not that good", and was curious as to see what they felt....

so if u find this thread obnoxiuos dont post, this forum is for "discussing the nfl in general" and thats exactly what im doing, the same way their was a thread made as to state why the saints werent that good of a team
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:58 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Kick was good from 65 at least.

steroids........
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:26 am

Original Poster - 15 yards for taunting.

We know who won the game. Congrats. Get over yourself.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:19 am

To the topic at hand... McNabb lost that game... pure and simple.

Rookie QB, no offense, horrible record... Eagles would have won on defense alone if it wasn't for those picks. The Eagles Def. was shutting down almost every drive.

BTW - The last Eagle's TD had nothing to do with McNabb... that was all Westbrook.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Al and Almas » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:08 am

The eagles D had a chance to win it when the eagles scored with 3o some seconds left but they allowed tampa to get into "field goal range" be it a 62 yarder they still had to drive on them. Granted Mcnabb put them in the hole but he also dug them out of it. No one person is to blame for this loss except tampa's kicker. what a boot
Al and Almas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am

mrblitz wrote:I am not your typical Eagle's fan. I am realistic. I actually picked the Bucs to beat us. I was pleasantly surprised when we looked like for a moment we were going to win. I think you may be generalizing all Eagles fans.

It's pretty easy to generalize the Eagles fans when they do things like pour a full beer on an 8 year old kid at the game yesterday.

....or when they throw double D batteries at the opposing team's players....

Thumbs up to you though for being one of the few good fans of the Iggles. ;-D
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:21 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:You can try to twist it but McNabb handed the Bucs the win with poor throws...that simple.

Or maybe you could just give the Bucs credit for having one of the best cornerbacks ever. I don't know anyone who can watch and cover his receiver and still read the QB so well. It's not like McNabb was forcing the ball into double coverage or anything.

http://media.putfile.com/Bucs-2006---Mc ... es-It-Away
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PyRo8 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 am

on westbrook's td with like 30 seconds to go, how come he didnt just stay at the 1 yard line and run around for like 5 seconds first? that's somethn i was wondering all night.
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk