Any eagles fans want to step forward... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:41 pm

He's just a Dallas fan than wanted to start an Eagle hating thread without just coming out and doing it.

Well, don't worry,
remember 38-24
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:47 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I haven't brought up Katrina once. You seem to constantly confuse me for another poster..

i made this thread to see if the SAME fans who listed numerous reasons as to why they were better then the saints, would post numerous reasons as to why they are better then bucs, if that doesnt apply to you so be it

i know the difference between the both of you, and once again, this thread is "discussing the nfl"...you cannot blame me because someone who happens to be an eagles fan comes in and says something stupid, ignorant, or unimportant every time an opportunity is given, that wasnt the reason the thread was made, but obviously it seems to happen every time

I started the Saints thread, and the 2 points I made were the Atlanta game

and the Saints getting the Eagles the week after Dallas, THGE TERRELL OWENS BOWL.

I said even I as an Eagles fan expected them to lose that game vs the Saints because the Saints got a break by having to play the Eagles at home the week after they played Dallas.

That's weak?

Ok clueless, if it's weak, what happened to the Cardinals yesterday?

Short week, after a Monday Night Heartbreaker, they got demolished by the ONLY WINLESS TEAM IN THE NFL.

You have to learn about football, WHEN AND WHERE you play a team, is almost as important ans WHO you play.

ok but you say all that as if the saints were given a gift, schedules were made BEFORE the season started, not as the weeks go on....do you think the nfl sat down and said...]

"ok guys, im pretty sure the eagles will beat dallas, so lets give them the saints next week since they will probably lose that game", last i checked no one could predict the future, if the eagles lose that game, they could very well blow the saints out, is that still a gift from the nfl?

how many people thought the cardinals would blow a 20 point lead vs the bears? do you think the nfl said

"ok guys, since the cardinals will blow a big lead vs the bears and fire an OC, lets give them the raiders next week so they can win that game"

you see what im saying, your points make absolutely no sense, you make those points as if the schedule is done week by week, and they are purposely trying to make it easier for the saints, and harder on the cardinals, which makes no sense at all...

the eagles had to play the saints, the nfc south plays the nfc east this year in out of division games, if they wanted to give the saints "gifts" they would of scheduled them the nfc north, not the nfc EAST where they play philly and dallas, thus again making your points stupid and irrelevant....

your hopeless, and i feel bad for eagles fans who have sense about their team, but you make the rest of them look bad with worthless points....

now id love to see someone argue that his post last week, was so much more important then this thread
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:57 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:I haven't brought up Katrina once. You seem to constantly confuse me for another poster..

i made this thread to see if the SAME fans who listed numerous reasons as to why they were better then the saints, would post numerous reasons as to why they are better then bucs, if that doesnt apply to you so be it

i know the difference between the both of you, and once again, this thread is "discussing the nfl"...you cannot blame me because someone who happens to be an eagles fan comes in and says something stupid, ignorant, or unimportant every time an opportunity is given, that wasnt the reason the thread was made, but obviously it seems to happen every time

and the Saints getting the Eagles the week after Dallas, THGE TERRELL OWENS BOWL.

I said even I as an Eagles fan expected them to lose that game vs the Saints because the Saints got a break by having to play the Eagles at home the week after they played Dallas.

That's weak?

Short week, after a Monday Night Heartbreaker, they got demolished by the ONLY WINLESS TEAM IN THE NFL.

You have to learn about football, WHEN AND WHERE you play a team, is almost as important ans WHO you play.

ok but you say all that as if the saints were given a gift, schedules were made BEFORE the season started, not as the weeks go on....do you think the nfl sat down and said...]

"ok guys, im pretty sure the eagles will beat dallas, so lets give them the saints next week since they will probably lose that game", last i checked no one could predict the future, if the eagles lose that game, they could very well blow the saints out, is that still a gift from the nfl?

how many people thought the cardinals would blow a 20 point lead vs the bears? do you think the nfl said

"ok guys, since the cardinals will blow a big lead vs the bears and fire an OC, lets give them the raiders next week so they can win that game"

you see what im saying, your points make absolutely no sense, you make those points as if the schedule is done week by week,

Wrong again genius

When the schedule came out i had pegged the Eagles losing in NO because they played Dallas the week before.

The Cardinals game no one knows who would win, but if you knew anything about football you would have layed money on the Raiders yesterday like I did. $500 easy .

The schedule makers didn't intentionally favor the Saints, but they got a scheduling break by getting the Eagles after Dallas.

The same way the NFL SCREWED the Eagles by giving them an UNPRECEDENTED 3 ROAD DIVISION GAMES IN A ROW at the end of the season.

Just plaese stop talking, you are so clueless you make my wife look like a football genius.
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:05 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:that saints "getting a pass" cause of katrina, you could use that vs atlanta, but are you honestly going to try to play that all year long until they make it into the playoffs, that wouldnt make sense and its a weak point....

That's weak?

So the Bucs got a break too when they got to play the Eagles at home after that tough loss to the Saints? And I suppose the Giants got a break earlier in the year when they got to play the Eagles in Philly after Philly's emotional ;-7 win over Houston?

Plenty of teams have the ability to follow up an emotional game with a win - but the Eagles can't. In truth, the good teams don't rely on emotion to get those wins in the first place - they just play with the mindset that they were supposed to win, so why get emotional? (And for the record, you and the media say the Saints are winning with emotion - I say we are playing mistake-free football that comes from good coaching and smart QB play)

You can say the Saints are overrated all you want, but that doesn't make it true (and you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you out on it). The fact is, Philly only has one quality win over Dallas, whereas the Saints have beaten two playoff contenders. We will see what the Saints are truly made of in the coming weeks when they hit the meat of the schedule.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:23 pm

onnestabe wrote:
So the Bucs got a break too when they got to play the Eagles at home after that tough loss to the Saints? And I suppose the Giants got a break earlier in the year when they got to play the Eagles in Philly after Philly's emotional ;-7 win over Houston?

Plenty of teams have the ability to follow up an emotional game with a win - but the Eagles can't. In truth, the good teams don't rely on emotion to get those wins in the first place - they just play with the mindset that they were supposed to win, so why get emotional? (And for the record, you and the media say the Saints are winning with emotion - I say we are playing mistake-free football that comes from good coaching and smart QB play)

You can say the Saints are overrated all you want, but that doesn't make it true (and you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you out on it). The fact is, Philly only has one quality win over Dallas, whereas the Saints have beaten two playoff contenders. We will see what the Saints are truly made of in the coming weeks when they hit the meat of the schedule.

Wow,
another Clueless poster. I see your posts all the time and have wondered about your football knowledge

I said WHEN & WHERE you play is almost as important as WHO you play and history backs me.

The Eagles gave the Giants game away, it was their fault, they thought they won and the offense just shut it down and left the Defense on the filed half the 3rd quarter and the entire 4th.

McNabb killed them yesterday, but to his credit he brought them back but their defense couldn't hold for 33 seconds. Hell, the guy made a historic kick. Kudos to Tampa Bay.

I will repeat, I never said the Saints were Bad, but they are over rated by the media. They set themselves up for the playoffs by winning their early games. As I said, I don't see them any better than 10-6 at best and that should get them in. I like the coach too he is a young brilliant coach. The Saints will be a very good team over the next 3-5 years. But watch next year, especially if they win the division, they will fall back to 8-8 at best playing a first place schedule. It happens to almost every team the year after they make their break through.[/b]
Last edited by EagleFan68 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:23 pm

well its hard to say that in general the Eagles can't follow up an emotional win, considering they are one of the top winningest teams this decade, and Reid almost never loses two games in a row. I would say the 8-0 game winning streak in 2004 kind of exposes that theory.

That said, I hate arguments of schedcule. The teams don't make the schedule, the league does. So faulting a team for winning and playign the games on their schedule is silly.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:25 pm

eaglesrule wrote:well its hard to say that in general the Eagles can't follow up an emotional win, considering they are one of the top winningest teams this decade, and Reid almost never loses two games in a row. I would say the 8-0 game winning streak in 2004 kind of exposes that theory.

DING DING DING

We have a winner!

Especially the 2 in a row thing. Besides Reid's first year when he took over the worst team in football and last years injury plagued season, I think they have only lost 2 games in a row 2 times before yesterday
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:28 pm

I forgot to add that there is only one example of an emotional win this year.

We'll see. I do not like what this team is doing late ing ames, and am very impressed with the Saints.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:31 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I forgot to add that there is only one example of an emotional win this year.

We'll see. I do not like what this team is doing late ing ames, and am very impressed with the Saints.

2 examples come to mind

Saints monday night vs Atlanta

Eagles vs Dallas, T.O's return
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:33 pm

Oh, I was thinking from the Eagle's perspective.

More power to the Saints. I don't really care. Onto JAX!
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk