Any eagles fans want to step forward... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:49 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:Wow,
another Clueless poster. I see your posts all the time and have wondered about your football knowledge

And what, pray tell, was your determination? I really want to hear more of your opinion.

I said WHEN & WHERE you play is almost as important as WHO you play and history backs me.

And I directly disagreed with this statement - wait, no, no I didn't. It is obvious that it matters when and where you play, but good teams win in spite of that, and Philly hasn't this year. The Eagles have done it in the past, but how relevant is past performance in the free agency era? In the end, this year is all that matters.

You keep asserting that the Saints have been given a lot of 'gifts' and are being 'set up' to win, but how is a schedule that plays the two toughest divisions in the NFL (NFC East and AFC North) a gift? Maybe I should take a dump in a box and give it to my boss for Christmas. He should appreciate that 'gift'.

The Eagles gave the Giants game away, it was their fault, they thought they won and the offense just shut it down and left the Defense on the filed half the 3rd quarter and the entire 4th.

Yes. I agree with this.

McNabb killed them yesterday, but to his credit he brought them back but their defense couldn't hold for 33 seconds. Hell, the guy made a historic kick. Kudos to Tampa Bay.

I can't comment on this, since I didn't see the game. But it sounds like an accurate assessment based on what I have heard about the game.

I will repeat, I never said the Saints were Bad, but they are over rated by the media. They set themselves up for the playoffs by winning their early games.

So the media is overrating the Saints whenever they are labeled as the 'pretender' every week in the pretender/contender portion of the program? I guess that is a sign of respect and admiration from the media. :-?

And I suppose they are also being overrated when the analysts say they are playing "inspired football" or are playing "well right now". I can see what you mean - they are overrated.

As I said, I don't see them any better than 10-6 at best and that should get them in. I like the coach too he is a young brilliant coach. The Saints will be a very good team over the next 3-5 years.

You're predicting that they will go .500 from here out? That's a bold prediction considering they play 5 playoff teams from a year ago and 3 others that are serious playoff contenders this year over the next 10 games.

But watch next year, especially if they win the division, they will fall back to 8-8 at best playing a first place schedule. It happens to almost every team the year after they make their break through.[/b]

I don't really know how this comment supports your argument that the Saints are overrated, but I will respond anyway...

Like I have been saying, the only way the Saints' schedule can get much harder next year is if they take out Green Bay and San Fran and throw in Indy and New England. That may equate to two more losses, but then again, the Saints are a very young team, and Payton will also have another offseason to get more of 'his guys' on the roster, so the Saints should also get better in the offseason, so maybe it they will pick up two more wins somewhere else. It's too early to tell what's going to happen next year.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:But watch next year, especially if they win the division, they will fall back to 8-8 at best playing a first place schedule. It happens to almost every team the year after they make their break through.[/b]

do you realize this contradicts yourself completely?

how many years did your team the eagles make the nfc champ game, 4 in a row? look at the pats, 3 super bowls in 4 years....

did it happen to the panthers, over the past 5 years? did it happen to the steelers, i mean come one, it gets old bashing you but you make points that make no sense, please, tell me the long list of teams that fall back to 8-8 after making their breakthrough...

ill honestly give you your props and respect, if you can list me the teams you proclaim this about
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Any eagles fans want to step forward...

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:11 pm

LS2throwed wrote:and list a bunch of reasons why they are a better team then the Bucs again like they did last week vs the Saints lol...

im sure they are probably more reasons this time, feel free to list them ;-D

Sooo true....LOL
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk