When Does Addai Get Starting Gig? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When Does Addai Get Starting Gig?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When Does Addai Get Starting Gig?

Postby Purple Allegiance » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:10 pm

The Colts backfield by committee has been infuriating so far this season, although I can understand why Dungy leaned on the veteran Rhodes early. As the season has progressed, it has become clear that Addai is the more explosive back and is a bigger asset in the passing game. For a team with nothing short of Superbowl aspirations, you would think they would have to hand over a majority of the touches to Addai sooner or later.

Do you guys think Addai takes over, or does the split continue?
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TexDawg45 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:35 pm

Looks like Addai is getting way more carries tonight ;-D
TexDawg45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JakeTrain72 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:11 am

Let me preface this by saying I am not close to Indy and have not seen them play much outside of the highlight reels and a little bit of last night's game...but I'm not sure if Rhodes was injured last night or not but Addai looked great. If Rhodes was healthy, and he shouldnt have been out there if he were not, then I would say Addai should take over right now. 20+ touches a game seems rather appropriate to me, 16-18 carries and 2+ catches should put him in line for roughly 100 total each game with a decent shot at a TD every week. That would make him a solid #2 RB.

If Addai isn't given the job next week he will before week 10. I don't own Rhodes but I think he sees 6-8 carries a game very soon and would move him to a team needing a RB ASAP. This might be the last time we see Rhodes with more carries than Addai.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Addai and the starting job in Indy

Postby teambuddylee » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:06 am

I think that Addai is showing that he is clearly a better back than Rhodes is out of the backfield. He also seems to be a better blocker in pass protection. I would be surprised if he is not the "starter" within the next couple of games. If the Colts are serious about winning they will start to givehim 20-25 touches a game. With Addai performing well they will never miss the Edge
teambuddylee
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UncleIvan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:54 am

Addai ran like a bear yesterday
UncleIvan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk