Pittman's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pittman's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pittman's value

Postby Derechon » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:59 pm

I just read that Alstot is out for the season, what do you guys think this will mean for Pittman's season, will he get good FF numbers??
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm
not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein. "Specially when choosing your FF starters" - Derechon
Derechon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pittman's value

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:04 pm

Derechon wrote:I just read that Alstot is out for the season, what do you guys think this will mean for Pittman's season, will he get good FF numbers??

He's certainly going to have the opportunity, and he's certainly looked good recently. But he's had the opportunity before and done nothing with it. (he had every chance last season)

A lot of net sources are saying Pittman will also be the goaline back now and that his value has shot up. But wasn't Alstott's blocking a key part of the running game?? I'm not so sure I'd be so quick to jump on Pittman, but there is definitely some upside there with this guy now.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AF » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:11 pm

Well, on Monday night he had 106 yards w/o a TD and 4 caches for 50 so yards and half of that was without Alstot. If your league gives points per catch he wasn't all that bad before and now he's going to be even better getting some goalline carries.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:59 pm

I think he'll get very good numbers. You can only base his future production on what he's done this year so far with the opportunities that he's had, and the fact is he's been very impressive the last few games.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:07 pm

Hmm let's see.

Quality RBs are scarce in FF. Pittman is the go to guy on a productive offense. It's a west coast offense that includes lots of passing to the RBs.

He is worth adding to your roster. The value of "handcuffs" to your starter are dubious to me. I'd rather just have another productive guy instead of the backup to a guy who might get hurt. Add Pittman and start him if you've been reduced to starting Eddie George or William Green as your #2 back.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtarail » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:27 pm

Ouch. Has Green fallen so low he's now in Eddie George territory?
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby culboarder » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:45 pm

mtarail wrote:Ouch. Has Green fallen so low he's now in Eddie George territory?

green was always in eddie george territory or worst in my opinion. what has this guy done in his career to get all the attention he did from fantasy football players besides average a measley 3 ypc? i thought he was the most overrated player going into the season and so far it turns out i was right.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:03 am

In the game before the bye week, Pittman had 80 + yards rushing, 80 + receiving and scored a TD. After that game, Gruden committed to one back. He only carried the ball like 13 or 16 times to get that 106 yards as well.

Look what Garner was able to do in Grudens's system. Give him a pass catching back with decent running skills and he'll turn him into a productive fantasy player.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. I jumped off the Onterrio bandwagon and grabbed Pittman. I was afraid they'd try to give someone else the goal line carries. Great news if he gets the ball at the goal line.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:48 pm

mtarail wrote:Ouch. Has Green fallen so low he's now in Eddie George territory?

I have Green slightly ahead of Eddie at this point. There's ONLY 19 or 20 backs I'd rather have than Willie Green right now. :) Green and Mike Cloud can battle it out this season for best RB from Boston College (I'm going with Cloud).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:51 pm

id say he hasnt plenty of value... if ur in a league with one point for catches hes a real find.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk