Chester Taylor a top ten back? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor a top ten back?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:17 pm

Chestor Taylor and the Viking's have the best schedule in the NFL this year. Chestor Taylor is getting fed the rock. I like what is happening here.

Unbelievable how this guy was slipping into the 3rd and 4th round in redrafts this year based on the preseason. Seriously, did you think that Brad Johnson was going to light the world on fire throwing to Williamson, Robinson, and Taylor? This offense revolves around Chestor Taylor.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:22 pm

Wow, I don't see Rudi Johnson anywhere on that list of 14.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:41 pm

Matthias wrote:Meh. This whole thread has focused on talking about the system he is in and the blocking he has been getting. It's not like that's new insight.

hadnt been mentioned yet, and it was just a respone to the question at hand....

ability wise i dont think he is a top 10 back, i firmy believe had he stayed in baltimore he would of just been an above average rb with stats that were average about this time, he isnt the only rb that would have a career year behind that line, had jamal lewis went there he would be doing great, and alot of others....

thats not a knock on his talent, he is VERY talented, just not top 10 worthy....but he will keep putting up numbers regardless, and like someone said, he has a soft schedule when it counts
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 16FAC » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm

If you did your homework before your draft then big deal if he gets included it the Top 10 back status. I nabbed him as my 3rd running back which is a monster steal.

If you want to weight this thing then do it by a scoring system. If you use basic Yahoo scoring with no ppr, then no he is not a Top 10 back. With that said neither is Gore, Drew, Dunn, Barber, J. Jones, Mcgahee, Bell, James and alot of other big names that I'm sure numerous managers will not drop to save their lives. However, to say this guy is way better than Ronnie Brown.....well maybe one should pay a little more attention to a scoring system. Brown is a stud hampered by an O line that sucks and still manages to be a productive (yardage and TD's) point of the offense. Take things with a grain of salt and realize that any back being "featured" is worth his weight in gold. For example Droughns is no top 10 back but he is the "guy" and I'll bet he puts up top 10 numbers next week.

just my two cents worth....16FAC
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby Favre.com » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:36 pm

As of now it is quite ignorant to say Chester is not a top 10 back IMO. He has a great schedule, plays with the best left side in the league, gets a ton of carries, catches passes out of the back field... what's not to like?

1. Tomlinson
2. LJ
3. S.Jax
4. Portis
5. Alexander
6. Tiki
7. Westbrook
8. C. Taylor
9. Tatum Bell
10. Willie Parker
11. Julius Jones
12. McGahee
13. Ronnie Brown
14. Kevin Jones

I like this list, whoever posted it, as accurate except for Ronnie over McGahee and Rudi over KJ. I honestly say its a toss up between FWP and Chester as of now and I see Chester as being between 8-10 for best back in the league. I have SJ, Chester, and McGahee (flex spot) so I'm in damn good shape.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:15 pm

Favre.com wrote:As of now it is quite ignorant to say Chester is not a top 10 back IMO. He has a great schedule, plays with the best left side in the league, gets a ton of carries, catches passes out of the back field... what's not to like?

Eh. I really think that you can just say he's a good back in a great situation who is reliable and not susceptible to being vultured or having his carries split and leave it at that. There's so much play between 8 & 15, almost, that I just don't think that calling him a Top 10 back means much. He's good. He'll score. And he's in a tier of a handful of other running backs who all could creep into the top 10 or just get left out depending on how their games go.

I would say the sure top 10 backs would be:
Tomlinson
LJ
S-Jax
Alexander for the weeks that he plays
Portis
Tiki
Westbrook

And then you have a slew of backs in good situations: Kevin Jones, Thomas Jones, Warrick Dunn, Willis Mcgahee, Ronnie Brown, FWP, Tatum Bell, and Chester. Any of those could end up rounding out the top 10. Chester might be one of them; he might not. That's all.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:23 pm

In an absolutely standard 10 yard per point no PPR league (no Yahoo! 20 yard crap. Yahoo's defaults are practically TD-only leagues) here are the top-10 thus far. I believe he's top-10.

1. Tomlinson - 117
2. Westbrook - 113
3. Larry Johnson - 106
4. Kevin Jones - 91
5. Portis - 87
6. Ronnie Brown - 86
7. Jackson - 82
8. Chester Taylor - 79
9. Gore - 77
10. Rudi Johnson - 75

So, yes he's top-10. All of these guys except a couple have missed a game to injury or a bye.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk