Kevin Jones a Top 3 RB overall this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones a Top 3 RB overall this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kemper5 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:17 pm

I see him as a monster, he has a pretty weak schedule, and I can see him going 1100+ rushing, 500+ receiving, 70+ receptions and 10+ TD's.. For me in the last 5 games he has scored a mind blowing 111 points (22.2 weekly average) and to think he still has SF,AZ,Mia,NE,GB to face.. Right now KJ is on pace for these numbers.. 1098 Rushing, 608 receiving, 84 receptions, 11.4 TD's.. ;-D And I think he will come close!
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby a4ce » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:22 pm

I hope he does. This will quiet the snickering I heard when I called his name in the second round.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby kemper5 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:30 pm

And Im getting great production on a 1 win team with KJ and Roy Williams.. The Lions are in shootouts nearly every week and KJ and RW are the focal points..
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:54 pm

Kemper, you are all about KJ. You're going to be the FFC official Kevin Jones Man Crush Award winner if you're not careful. A dubious honor. And yeah, I am happy with the numbers he put up today, too. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby 2ksports » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:42 am

He faces GB, Chi and Dallas in fantasy playoffs (if you end on week 17) and Min, GB, and Chi (if you end on week 16).

He's unplayable 2 of the last 3 games if you are going for the championship. If you can make the playoffs without him, trade him for something that might produce better in your final 3 fantasy weeks.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:47 am

2ksports wrote:He faces GB, Chi and Dallas in fantasy playoffs (if you end on week 17) and Min, GB, and Chi (if you end on week 16).

He's unplayable 2 of the last 3 games if you are going for the championship. If you can make the playoffs without him, trade him for something that might produce better in your final 3 fantasy weeks.

Chicago will have home field advantage locked up and wont play their best game. I wouldn't trade him away just for that reason alone.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:15 am

Jimboozie wrote:
2ksports wrote:He faces GB, Chi and Dallas in fantasy playoffs (if you end on week 17) and Min, GB, and Chi (if you end on week 16).

Chicago will have home field advantage locked up and wont play their best game. I wouldn't trade him away just for that reason alone.

The Bears are far from having home field advantage locked up. Locking it up by week 16 means they may have to go 14-0 like the Colts, and what happened when the Colts decided to take a vacation the last 2 weeks? If I know Lovie Smith, I don't think he lets his guard down even if they clinch it, which is a long shot considering their showing last Monday Night.

Most fantasy leagues end with weeks 14, 15, and 16. Assuming you get by with a KJ goose egg at Minnesota (and he most likely will) and you make it to the finals, there is no gaurantee Chi is going to let KJ run all over them. Matchups for RBs are crucial, especially for backs who have proven to suck vs good defenses like KJ. Willie Parker is another case that fantasy owners must avoid.

I am not recommending trading him for inferior talent. I am recommending (if you are not in a PPR league) that you trade him while his stock is high, b/c it will only get lower. He won't do much against Mia and New England either, so the best time to trade is before the AFC East stretch.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kemper5 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:21 pm

I think his stock will be his highest after he wrecks AZ and SF (weeks 10 & 11), I believe his #'s will be going bizerko by then.. The nice thing I have is I can rotate K Jones, R. Brown and Rudi from week to week, and I think this will be a big benefit going into the playoffs.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Crippler » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:48 pm

He's doing incredible so far in my PPR league. He's carrying his team almost by himself each week, scoring around top-3 of RBs many weeks.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:11 pm

I refuse to trade him in my PPR keeper unless it's for LT or like Bush+Caddy. His percieved value is EONS lower than his actual value. Even against those D's in the late weeks, he'll still be good for 10+ points if you are in a PPR league. That's nothing to write home about, but solid, and certainly won't kill you in a playoff.
[url=http://fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19211/]My Sigs[/url]
AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Football Talk