6 Ways to make this season and the next better. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Washington Redskins

6 Ways to make this season and the next better.

Moderator: Football Moderators

6 Ways to make this season and the next better.

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:17 am

Some problems to be addressed:

6. Archueleta can't cover worth beans. He should only be used for run support and otherwise benched for Vincent

5. Skins have got to buckle down and stop any penalties, let alone the dumb ones. This team needs all the help it can get right now.

4. Use the intermediate passing game. Double crosses or whatever it takes, this seems to work very well.

3. Campbell should be getting reps. He's sat for 22 games now, and it's now or never to make him a true QB. Anyone who hasn't taken a snap by their third season is not likely to ever start. I'm not knocking Brunell, it's just that the Skins have an equal chance of winning with either QB at this point.

2. Play Action Passes. This is Brunell's best chance to throw it deep, and he can heave it on these plays. It'll make defenses respect the run. I haven't seen the Skins using the deep PA all season.

1. Some stability this offseason? Sometimes the best optionm even when you're down, is to keep the proven guys around and maybe pick up one big-name player, similar to what Minnesota did this last offseason. Seven years of incessant tinkering has proven the tried and true aphorism, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". There are many things that aren't working right, but nothing as broken as say, the Jets run D.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2228
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: DC

Re: 6 Ways to make this season and the next better.

Postby Mugrila » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:54 am

skinsfan wrote:Some problems to be addressed:

3. Campbell should be getting reps. He's sat for 22 games now, and it's now or never to make him a true QB. Anyone who hasn't taken a snap by their third season is not likely to ever start. I'm not knocking Brunell, it's just that the Skins have an equal chance of winning with either QB at this point.


;-D

This seems to be on everybodys mind, and it's not tough to watch a game and see why. Brunell had a great career, heck I have his autograph from when he was with the Jags, but his time is up. I can hear the "we want Campbell" chants from here. :-°
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Gibbs will probably stick with Brunell till the Skins are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. So until they are mathematically eliminated I'm probably going to root against them. For the good of next year we need Campbell to get as much playing time as possible.

The problem is Gibbs and Snyder feel they have to win NOW and they are screwing the future by doing so. Trading first and 2nd round picks and paying top dolla for players who have been sucking it up.

Stupid stupid stupid. This whole situation is painful not only because the team was supposed to be great going into this season but because they don't seem to be doing anything to turn this around.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:40 am

skinsfan wrote:Some problems to be addressed:

6. Archueleta can't cover worth beans. He should only be used for run support and otherwise benched for Vincent

5. Skins have got to buckle down and stop any penalties, let alone the dumb ones. This team needs all the help it can get right now.

4. Use the intermediate passing game. Double crosses or whatever it takes, this seems to work very well.

3. Campbell should be getting reps. He's sat for 22 games now, and it's now or never to make him a true QB. Anyone who hasn't taken a snap by their third season is not likely to ever start. I'm not knocking Brunell, it's just that the Skins have an equal chance of winning with either QB at this point.

2. Play Action Passes. This is Brunell's best chance to throw it deep, and he can heave it on these plays. It'll make defenses respect the run. I haven't seen the Skins using the deep PA all season.

1. Some stability this offseason? Sometimes the best optionm even when you're down, is to keep the proven guys around and maybe pick up one big-name player, similar to what Minnesota did this last offseason. Seven years of incessant tinkering has proven the tried and true aphorism, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". There are many things that aren't working right, but nothing as broken as say, the Jets run D.


thank you captain obvious. ;-D
This is what everyone is clamouring about.

Mugrila wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Some problems to be addressed:

3. Campbell should be getting reps. He's sat for 22 games now, and it's now or never to make him a true QB. Anyone who hasn't taken a snap by their third season is not likely to ever start. I'm not knocking Brunell, it's just that the Skins have an equal chance of winning with either QB at this point.


;-D

This seems to be on everybodys mind, and it's not tough to watch a game and see why. Brunell had a great career, heck I have his autograph from when he was with the Jags, but his time is up. I can hear the "we want Campbell" chants from here. :-°


Sad but true. It's not Brunell, yet. as i said in a previous thread his leadership on the field is and intangible asset that cant be valued.

I will say that when mark is dinged up a bit, he's useless as a passer.

SniperShot wrote:Gibbs will probably stick with Brunell till the Skins are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. So until they are mathematically eliminated I'm probably going to root against them. For the good of next year we need Campbell to get as much playing time as possible.

The problem is Gibbs and Snyder feel they have to win NOW and they are screwing the future by doing so. Trading first and 2nd round picks and paying top dolla for players who have been sucking it up.

Stupid stupid stupid. This whole situation is painful not only because the team was supposed to be great going into this season but because they don't seem to be doing anything to turn this around.


Good points, but I think every team wants to win NOW!
Gibbs came here with a five year plan. I guess that's why he went out and hired saunders, in the long run I guess saunders O will do the job. Gibbs may have realized that his O wasn't goining to cut in the long run.

Trading the 3rd round pick for duckett is just ridiculous at this point. I did hear Wilbon say that is 1 for insurance, and 2 to keep him out of philly. at this point I don't buy #2 cause philly is doing fine and Reid is probaly happy with O the way it is now.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skinsfan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Some problems to be addressed:

6. Archueleta can't cover worth beans. He should only be used for run support and otherwise benched for Vincent

5. Skins have got to buckle down and stop any penalties, let alone the dumb ones. This team needs all the help it can get right now.

4. Use the intermediate passing game. Double crosses or whatever it takes, this seems to work very well.

3. Campbell should be getting reps. He's sat for 22 games now, and it's now or never to make him a true QB. Anyone who hasn't taken a snap by their third season is not likely to ever start. I'm not knocking Brunell, it's just that the Skins have an equal chance of winning with either QB at this point.

2. Play Action Passes. This is Brunell's best chance to throw it deep, and he can heave it on these plays. It'll make defenses respect the run. I haven't seen the Skins using the deep PA all season.

1. Some stability this offseason? Sometimes the best optionm even when you're down, is to keep the proven guys around and maybe pick up one big-name player, similar to what Minnesota did this last offseason. Seven years of incessant tinkering has proven the tried and true aphorism, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". There are many things that aren't working right, but nothing as broken as say, the Jets run D.


thank you captain obvious. ;-D
This is what everyone is clamouring about.

Not #2. That was their bread and butter last year, and nobody's brought up how Saunders' offense never uses it.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2228
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: DC

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:15 am

skinsfan wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Some problems to be addressed:

6. Archueleta can't cover worth beans. He should only be used for run support and otherwise benched for Vincent

5. Skins have got to buckle down and stop any penalties, let alone the dumb ones. This team needs all the help it can get right now.

4. Use the intermediate passing game. Double crosses or whatever it takes, this seems to work very well.

3. Campbell should be getting reps. He's sat for 22 games now, and it's now or never to make him a true QB. Anyone who hasn't taken a snap by their third season is not likely to ever start. I'm not knocking Brunell, it's just that the Skins have an equal chance of winning with either QB at this point.

2. Play Action Passes. This is Brunell's best chance to throw it deep, and he can heave it on these plays. It'll make defenses respect the run. I haven't seen the Skins using the deep PA all season.

1. Some stability this offseason? Sometimes the best optionm even when you're down, is to keep the proven guys around and maybe pick up one big-name player, similar to what Minnesota did this last offseason. Seven years of incessant tinkering has proven the tried and true aphorism, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". There are many things that aren't working right, but nothing as broken as say, the Jets run D.


thank you captain obvious. ;-D
This is what everyone is clamouring about.

Not #2. That was their bread and butter last year, and nobody's brought up how Saunders' offense never uses it.


I wouldn't say it's bread and butter but it's effective. Only thing is you have to be able to run the ball to set up play action passing game. skins have not been able to establish any type of run game in their losses. in the wins, the run game was effective thus opening up the play action. hehe now I'm captain obvious. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:20 am

Well I do notice the lack of running game. Somebody said the Skins feel pressured to get the ball out to all those big name WR's and that's just crushing them. When you don't have a Peyton Manning as your QB getting the ball downfield to those guys is tough! You need to have a running game and that's how Joe Gibbs has won football games. Protect the ball, keep the ball and take charge of football games. With this new offense we are flinging the ball all over the place on little dump passes and crap because Brunell is just lacking. It's really a lose lose situation. I feel like we go into every game down by 7.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA


Return to Washington Redskins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:48 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact