Time's up for Alexander? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time's up for Alexander?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time's up for Alexander?

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:32 am

Should owners at this point cut their losses and trade Alexander for a QB or top-flight WR? Or a RB like Chester Taylor?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:55 am

I bought Alexander and Crumpler last week for Dunn and Heap. If Hasselbeck is out for an extended period, I think I will regret the decision.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:59 am

Bowie wrote:I bought Alexander and Crumpler last week for Dunn and Heap. If Hasselbeck is out for an extended period, I think I will regret the decision.

I've just proposed Alexander and Fitzgerald for Housh and CTaylor. My team's fallen to 2-5 (2 straight losses) and I need to win now, regardless of the cost, to make the postseason with only 4 of 10 teams getting in. But I did make a long-term deal by moving Berrian for Chambers, so who knows?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Time's up for Alexander?

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:36 am

skinsfan wrote:Should owners at this point cut their losses and trade Alexander for a QB or top-flight WR? Or a RB like Chester Taylor?

Absolutely not. The time to do that was a month ago. Now you have to expect that he'll either be back next week or the Sunday following at the latest. Yah, yah. I know about the, "I might be back right away" stuff. But it was a broken bone. 4-6 weeks. I don't expect him to linger any longer. It's not anything mysterious.

So why be the one who holds onto him for a month only to sell him at a discount when he's about to return?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:50 am

I expect his return by week 9, and if Hass is done for the year (if it's a tear) it's going to be huge for SA, if the team can hold together at all. Could be a big run-heavy second half for Seattle.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:22 am

FatFoot wrote:I expect his return by week 9, and if Hass is done for the year (if it's a tear) it's going to be huge for SA, if the team can hold together at all. Could be a big run-heavy second half for Seattle.

I would love it to be a big run-heavy second half for Seattle ;-D There schedule isn't anything special against the run for the exception of S.D and Denver and StL is the only other team that actually can hang in there with Seattle. Again, I would love to see Alexander getting 25 - 35 carries a game ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:30 pm

If you can get a healthy RB that has been producing the past few weeks for Alexander, I do it in a hurry. Same thing goes for a QB/WR if you have a need in that area.

Fact is, Alexander was not running well even before he broke the foot. Blame it on the week 1 ankle sprain, or you can blame it on the weakened O-line, tough schedule, etc. There are no guarantees that even if Hasselbeck comes back 100%, Maurice Morris and Mack Strong go back to their 1 carry a game average, and SA comes back 100% fully healthy that he will be the same level of RB he has been for the past 5 years (forget record breaking TD Alexander was saw last season).

Face the facts people: Alexander has been valuable on name alone since the end of 2005. If you are a team who is watching your season go into the crapper waiting for your savior to come back next week, I wouldn't bank on it. If you can get a RB like Kevin Jones or Chestor Taylor for Alexander, I would do it in a heartbeat, and I would have done it 2 weeks ago. They can be equally productive, my guess is that they will be more productive, and they are playing and healthy right now.

Perhaps now that SA is expected to return shortly, his value is on the rise. Keep holding onto hope if you want to, just like the guy who hangs onto his "studs" going into week 5 with an 0-4 record.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 16FAC » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:10 pm

Well lets see.....Hutchinson leaves SEA and goes to MINN. Taylor instantly becomes a stud. Alexander becomes mediocre and gets hurt. Trade him. If Hass can't come back, Defenses will stack the box it really sucks. I'll probably have to move D. Jax!
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:31 pm

If Hass is out for the season, that spells doom for SA, not makes him better!!! SA gets alot of his goalines TDs because of the Seahwaks passing game. Teams will load up on the box and stuff SA unless of course Wallace can beat them in the air
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tclangham » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:06 pm

fantasizing wrote:If Hass is out for the season, that spells doom for SA, not makes him better!!! SA gets alot of his goalines TDs because of the Seahwaks passing game. Teams will load up on the box and stuff SA unless of course Wallace can beat them in the air

yep, this what will happen when SA comes back, there was no running room earlier in the year and now with Hass out that spells doom for SA.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker