Is the Superbowl loser curse as real as Madden now??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is the Superbowl loser curse as real as Madden now???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goody » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 pm

This curse talk has to be some of the dumbest stuff discussed in fantasy football! If we looked into everything like we do with the madden curse and super bowl curse, everyone would have some sort of curse against them. It is ridiculous to even talk about it!
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:39 pm

its gonna be hard.You have three divisions where the wild card can come from. The West might only get one playoff team. East still could too. In my opinion, the rams maybe when the division, the Giants probably win the division in the East, Carolina in the south. (I don't want to quibble with this, I know it can change)

So you have the eagles, falcons, saints, seahwaks all vying for two spots, and I guess you could see a resurgent cowboys team possibly.

I don't think its a gurantee at all that they make it back to the playoffs.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:44 pm

I'm certainly not going to say that Seneca Wallace is going to be the best QB in the league, but I can say with certainty that he'll be better next week than he was after Hasselbeck's injury.

He's going to get first team reps and certainly understand the gameplan better this week knowing the weight is being put on his shoulders. Besides, this is where he'll be able to show whether or not he can be a quarterback in the NFL.

A lot will be shown next Sunday when he takes the reins. I suspect a subpar week for a fantasy QB but a decent showing in real life. He's a very athletic guy.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 pm

biju wrote:I'm certainly not going to say that Seneca Wallace is going to be the best QB in the league, but I can say with certainty that he'll be better next week than he was after Hasselbeck's injury.

He's going to get first team reps and certainly understand the gameplan better this week knowing the weight is being put on his shoulders. Besides, this is where he'll be able to show whether or not he can be a quarterback in the NFL.

A lot will be shown next Sunday when he takes the reins. I suspect a subpar week for a fantasy QB but a decent showing in real life. He's a very athletic guy.

-M

So was Akili Smith.

I think the Seahawks lose this week. And lose every game they are with out Hass and Alexander.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:39 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
biju wrote:I'm certainly not going to say that Seneca Wallace is going to be the best QB in the league, but I can say with certainty that he'll be better next week than he was after Hasselbeck's injury.

-M

So was Akili Smith.

I think the Seahawks lose this week. And lose every game they are with out Hass and Alexander.

Well, I didn't say they were going to win this week. :-o

Just for the record, Akili Smith's problem was largely due to three things: (1) his contract dispute before his first year, (2) he was on a very lousy Bengals team, and (3) he didn't ever grasp the playbook and they didn't dumb it down enough for him. On top of that, if you recall, he had an unmeasurable amount of pressure put on him because the Bengals turned down the Saints' offer of about 40 billion draft picks (because they wanted Ricky Williams). They opted to just take Akili Smith instead.

But I do understand what you mean. Athleticism doesn't equate to good anything. It's really all about the decision-making on the field. I think Wallace might be ok there too, but I can't say that for sure.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:43 pm

i heard recently that smith got a 37 or a 39 on his wonderlic. If that guy needs things "dumbed down," what hope do other qb's have?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:45 pm

Kevin Curtis Scored like a 48 on the wonderlic....I believe its the highest or top 3 highest score ever.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby biju » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:52 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i heard recently that smith got a 37 or a 39 on his wonderlic. If that guy needs things "dumbed down," what hope do other qb's have?

Have you guys ever seen a wonderlic test? Honesty, most people would score in the mid 30s pretty easily.

Plus, as with all tests, the only thing it proves is that you can take a test well. Rarely in multiple choice tests do you get the chance to actually show you know the material. Just that you can easily eliminate a couple choices and then make an educated guess.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:52 pm

mama jama.

I do find it weird though that for the most part, qbs seem to get the least second chances to start than some other players, despite having the hardest mental go of it.

Did smith ever get another try? I know that qbs do, but it seems so variable on coach, system, personnel, that high draft picks should get another chance or two.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:17 pm

eaglesrule wrote:mama jama.

I do find it weird though that for the most part, qbs seem to get the least second chances to start than some other players, despite having the hardest mental go of it.

Did smith ever get another try? I know that qbs do, but it seems so variable on coach, system, personnel, that high draft picks should get another chance or two.

Not sure about Smith...But i know Ryan Leaf got a second chance...and ye4ah he still sucked.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk