Misery Loves Company - The Official "My Team Stinks" Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Misery Loves Company - The Official "My Team Stinks" Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Misery Loves Company - The Official "My Team Stinks" Thread

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:06 am

Who else drafted a solid team on paper, only to see it fold like paper?

Ugh! This is easily my worst year of fantasy football. I'm in two money leagues and both my teams are in last place. My teams ALWAYS make the playoffs so I'm not used to looking up in the standings.

Team 1 is injury-prone. Shaun, Fitz and now Lamont Jordan are all hurt. Coles is dinged up. The Chargers D, who looked to be a solid Def starter all year, are losing some key players too. I also drafted Witten & Miller as TEs and both are struggling. I just got beat 151-49.

Team 2 was poor drafting and poor managment. I drafted Kurt Warner, C-Pep, C Chambers, R Smith, D Mason and J Lewis. And I keep sitting Reggie Brown when he blows up and starting Reggie Williams when he implodes. Ironic thing is this team went 2-0 when Steve Smith was hurt. I just lost to the last place team by 4 points to become the last place team.

But I don't want to leave this thread sounding all "Woe is me." No way. I am not a quitter. Never have been. And I would like all those reading this thread and sitting in last place to feel the same. Here is my plan:

Team 1: I still have Bulger and this is a very QB friendly league. The Rams have a passing-friendly schedule and are throwing the ball more. Shaun will be back soon and without Hass, the 'Hawks will pound away at some soft run defenses. Fitz will heal and get single coverage becuase teams will double Boldin. And (I love this!), Team 1 is in a 10 team league where 8 teams make the playoffs!

Team 2: I just traded F Taylor for Delhomme. So my QB troubles are solved. T Bell & R Johnson have been solid and have no more bye weeks. I have their respective handcuffs too. I will trust Reggie Brown to be my #2 WR from here on out. Denver's D is for real. And I will find some sucker in my league to take Chambers & Mason for a serviceable #3 WR (Javon Walker owner I am looking at you!).

So don't quit! Hang in there! Two years ago, the guy who won started 0-6! Last year the winner started 2-5 (just like me). It can be done. Don't quit. Make some moves. Hang in there and most of all -- have fun!

See you in the playoffs!! ;-D
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stelly » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:17 am

I am 1-5-1.

My saving grace is that, including me, there will be two teams with 1 win, 2 teams with 2 wins, and one team with three wins. In a 10 team league, where 6 make the playoffs, I'm still only 2 games out of a playoff spot!

My team is below...I don't think it's terrible, but I can never start the right QB. If I had started the correct QB, I would have 2 or 3 more wins.

Very frustrating...
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SetTheHook » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:22 am

Never say quit!..I started off 0-3..with a ton of injuries...been working the ww's hard...have climbed up to 3-4 and my team is coming together quit nicly! Hang in there!
SetTheHook
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby shabadoo25 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 am

One of my 5 teams is 1-5, though my money league team is undefeated.

My bad team is based on a Portis/Galloway/S. Moss pile of crap.
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:23 pm

My money team this year is 2-5..but I am not despairing yet. I won my first game of the year then went on a 5 game losing streak and just recently won this week against the worst team in our league. Fortunately for me, my matchups down the road with all of my players is extremely soft so I have a good chance at making a run and going into the FF playoffs.

I feel you though. Last year, I was in first place with almost the exact same team and I won the FF playoffs..only to start this year off 2-5 (dynasty league). The worst part about it is, I talked so much trash last year that I'm getting a ton this year..and I can't even say anything back. But that will make my run into the post-season even sweeter. On a semi-positive note, I'm in a dynasty league so if I do horrible this year in the end, I get the first pick in the rookie draft meaning I get Adrian Peterson as well as a shot at alot of other very good college RBs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:28 pm

I lost the first 3 weeks in one league, and put up over 124 points (NO PPR) in my last 4 weeks to take over first. In my other league, I started 0-1 and I am now 6-1 in that league ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Return to Football Talk