You guys ever hit a losing streak before... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

You guys ever hit a losing streak before...

Moderator: Football Moderators

You guys ever hit a losing streak before...

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:37 pm

in your league, you go over a stretch to where you lose a few games in a row and honestly dont know why? ive lost 3 straight after i got off to a great start, some of that is luck, the teams ive been playing have had great games over 100 points, and ive been screwed by my own omission with things out of my hand, leftwich ruined reggie for me, i had maroney and faced dillon so of course dillon gets all the td's.....

if this has ever happened to you guys, do you feel the urge to make changes, or stick with what you have and ride it out....i know swings like this happen, just as you can lose 4 in a row, you can win 5, last year the champ started 0-4 and won every single game after that in a row, jus curious how you guys go about it
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:49 pm

I lost my first 3 this year and now am in first in my league with a 4-3 record ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:57 pm

Last year I lost my first four game and then went on to win 9 in a row and make the playoffs.

Same league this year I lost 5 of my first 6. Mostly bad luck as teams have scored more points aainst my team tehn any other plus I'm in the top 3 points scored.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tianyi86 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:59 pm

My 4-0 team lost 2 in a row. The streak will be broken unless eli gets more than 17pts, then its 3 losses in a row for me.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Kilroy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:15 pm

In my $$ league I went 0-3 and am now 3-4 even though I have the highest scoring team in the league. Every week but 1 my opponent has scored over 100 and had their best game of the season. :-o

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby slowride » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:19 pm

In one of my $$$ leagues i'm 1-5. I'm only 50 points off the points leader. Can't do much about it. I feel I have a good team, but when you're 1-5 and in a 12 team league where 4 get into the playoffs you just have to accept the fact that for whatever reason the team you've assembled isn't working. So you make some deals. Hopefully i'll be 2-5 after tonight.

Besides, you're almost out of it anyways. May as well have some fun trading.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:52 pm

slowride wrote:In one of my $$$ leagues i'm 1-5. I'm only 50 points off the points leader. Can't do much about it. I feel I have a good team, but when you're 1-5 and in a 12 team league where 4 get into the playoffs you just have to accept the fact that for whatever reason the team you've assembled isn't working. So you make some deals. Hopefully i'll be 2-5 after tonight.

Besides, you're almost out of it anyways. May as well have some fun trading.

lol thats a good way to look at it, and true, once you get to a point, you have to make moves to make something happen and hope for the best....

i have a very deep bench right now, but when the playoff push comes or the trading deadline i may make alot of trades packaging starters with bench players for studs, and just go with a strong starting lineup for the last few weeks
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jnormy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:58 pm

Sounds like you have a solid team and have hit a bad stretch of luck and "what ifs." And your great start shouldn't be completely forgotten. You should probably give it another couple of weeks before making wholesale changes; a tweak or two wouldn't hurt, I suppose. Keep your obvious studs... and check the strength of schedules for your second-tier players' remaining games to see if you can make improvements that way. Just kind of free-form, random thoughts here...

One suggestion, based on my own experiences of overreacting in the heat of the moment: don't make any major moves on Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday. Let the emotion die down first. I've made more than a few decisions in disgust or anger that I've regretted later. !+)
jnormy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:59 pm

I went 2-0 in a cafe league. Then the past 4 weeks I've gone 0-4. Now I'm winning big this week. It's crazy! By far my freakiest team. One week they are putting up 140 points the next week they are putting up 60 it seems.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby steelerfan04 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:54 pm

My second year playing I went 2-12, winning the first and last game of the season even though I was 5th in the league in points. Mostly bad luck, playing against teams that would have monster weeks against me.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk