Eagles fans are the WORST in the NFL. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles fans are the WORST in the NFL.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eagles fans are the WORST in the NFL.

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:42 pm

I was listening to the radio this morning about the many Eagles fans who were arrested at the game here in Tampa yesterday. One of them arrested for pouring out a full beer onto an 8 year old boy wearing a Bucs jersey. You guys are a complete disgrace to the NFL and have the worst sportmanship I have EVER seen.

Eagles fans......... :-t :-t :-t

Go flap your dirty bird wings somewhere else. We don't want you in the NFL anymore.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:50 pm

It's true. You know why Fox is back in the studio for their pregame show? Week 5 they were in Philly and half the crew and commentators were probably fearing for their life. Especially Jimmy Johnson.

Eagles fans were chanting and screaming while they talked. They yelled obscenities. I heard also some more graphic sick stuff that was done and actually some equipment was damaged even though there was an extra 15 feet put between the fence and the fans.

That's just wrong.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Hermesz1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:56 pm

I lived in Philly for a few years, and I can confirm that they suck.

But, on the plus side they have a QB who vomits a lot.

That should count for something.
Fat man in Under Armour vows to protect this Waffle House
Hermesz1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:57 pm

as written in a new york newspaper about that game.

It wasn't Jimmie Johnson, it was irvin they were yelling at. And frnakly, the guy is a scumbag, and he brings nothing to the table.

Yes, there is a bad element with that fan base, but it ain't the majority. And I think the good behavior (As commented) by the announcing team for the cowboys game bears that out.

There are bad individuals, and if you do that to an 8 year old kid, you should get arrested. Its a dirty thing to do.

On the other hand, people trot out bad eagles stories all the time that are either unverified, exagerrated, or missing key data. Like the Santa Claus story, people act like this was some recent thing. It was years ago, and santa was totally wasted.

I think at this point its more of an obnoxious minority, and I don't think its helping the karma.

And yes the rep is well deserved, But lets not forget the litany ofcomepletely ridiculous riots, snowball fights, beer chucking incidents etc that have gone on in other stadiums. Or how NY gets free pass for doing to keyshawn what eagles fans did to irvin. You can see disgusting behavior in all stadiums, especially stadiums in the north east where pro is more popular than college.

But yes, its almost like an english "chav" mentality with eagles fans sometimes.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:01 pm

eagles fans have always been known as the worst fans in history, ignorant, and downright beastly....i wouldnt EVER attend a game in philly, had they poured beer on my little girl i would of lost my mind
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby krazyjoe8 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:11 pm

A small portion of the Eagles fans are krazy. Most of them wouldnt stoop to pouring a beer on a kid.

But its 100 times worse if you are a visiting team's fan in Philly. But it sucks you aren't even safe in your own stadium. Tampa fans shoulda jumped that guy and beat him down.

Go birds.

HOLLA IF YA NEED A SIG.
Go Eagles. Go Sixers. Go Phillies.
krazyjoe8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:13 pm

eaglesrule wrote:And yes the rep is well deserved, But lets not forget the litany ofcomepletely ridiculous riots, snowball fights, beer chucking incidents etc that have gone on in other stadiums. Or how NY gets free pass for doing to keyshawn what eagles fans did to irvin. You can see disgusting behavior in all stadiums, especially stadiums in the north east where pro is more popular than college.

I don't mind little snowball fights or some beer spilling between adults. Fans can get emotional and there is nothing wrong with that. Pouring a beer on a little boy or throwing double D batteries is completely uncalled for and even dangerous.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:18 pm

well, I was talking about when cleveland threw full bottles of beer onto the field. Or that Giants game where the coaches were getting hit with iceballs etc. Reember when the police went by photos in the new york post to arrest people?

My point isn't to make light of some kid getting beer poured on him. <My point is that a lot of cities have had there share of completely inappropriate behavior associated with sports, perhaps the eagles have had more. I will say that its an easy story to write, and I am sure if you dug deep in a lot of crowds, you will find ahole moves like this, but there isn't a story there like there is with the eagles rep.

Ultimately, I think most eagles fans don't dig that type of behavior,a nd the new linc is a ffar more sane place than the vet. And I wish that eagles fans didn't have to make it a blood sport.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daullaz » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:21 pm

As long as we can cut out the generalizations and not blame every Eagles fan for the acts of the minority, we're fine.

Being an Eagles fan in Texas, I get chastized for our fans by Cowboy lovers like I'm the secret mastermind behind all these incidents.

I do agree that the beer-pouring is over the line, but there's idiots stretched across the nation. I went to the Opening Day Eagles-Texans game, wearing my McNabb jersey, and I thought I was going to have to fight these two idiot Texan fans that were walking behind me and yelling obscenities my way about me and my team. It's obvious not all Texan fans are like that, just like all Eagles fans don't throw batteries at people.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:27 pm

I don't find posts that make sweeping generlaizations about entire fan bases equating them with criminal behavior, "great."

Its pathetic that somebody took sports to the extreme of humiliating a little kid, and his father (who probably felt emasuclated, sitting by and doing nothing.) But there are animals in all walks of life. I'm pretty sure there is a fan of every team somewhere that did something stupid because of said team.

People are still individuals.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk