Eagles fans are the WORST in the NFL. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles fans are the WORST in the NFL.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:16 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Yea, beer prices in Chicago can be pretty steep at bars and restaurants. Most I ever paid for a beer in the city was $12 for a bottle of Bud Light. Of course there are bars with specials, like $3 drafts, but those are usually restricted to Tues or something equally useless. But the farther away from the city you get, the cheaper the beer is.

I miss my time at Champaign-Urbana when a case of 30 could be had for $14. Ahh... college, LOL.

That's pretty steep alright. In Tampa we have $1 drafts at Peabodys and Green Iguana on Wedneseday night and on Thursday we have nickel beers with a $5 cover at University Hangout. ;-D
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:17 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
RyanTB wrote:
I've been searching all morning and can't find one, but given the Eagles fans history I have no reason to doubt what I heard on the radio.

Bingo !

Assume it because of the media's historical attack on Philly fans.

Yep, THE HELL WITH TRUTH AND FACTS.

Would an article on the internet really be anymore FACT than what I heard on a radio show?
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:19 pm

RyanTB wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:
RyanTB wrote:
I've been searching all morning and can't find one, but given the Eagles fans history I have no reason to doubt what I heard on the radio.

Bingo !

Assume it because of the media's historical attack on Philly fans.

Yep, THE HELL WITH TRUTH AND FACTS.

Would an article on the internet really be anymore FACT than what I heard on a radio show?

Well it is all hear say, you don't have any factual evidence it happened, do you?
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:23 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
Well it is all hear say, you don't have any factual evidence it happened, do you?

So what you mean to say is that your actually calling me out not the radio show? No, I don't have any factual evidence that this occured.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:27 pm

RyanTB wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:

So what you mean to say is that your actually calling me out not the radio show? No, I don't have any factual evidence that this occured.

Seriously man,
I wouldn't doubt it happened, arrests and fights between opposing fans happen every week in every host NFL City.

I'm just tired of people generalizing about Philly and it's fans, especially considering 99% of people who kill Philly and it's fans have never been to the city or attended a game there.

Fair enough?

Now seriously, if Simms returns do you think Chucky will stick with the rook or turn it back over to Phil's kid?
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:30 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:Now seriously, if Simms returns do you think Chucky will stick with the rook or turn it back over to Phil's kid?

Too early to tell. It would depend what Gradkowski does with the next few difficult games coming up on our schedule.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:42 pm

RyanTB wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:

I have some photos i could show you . . .
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:07 pm

I lived in Philadelphia for several years. It is a great city, and if I had to choose someplace other than where I currently live to make my home, Philadelphia would be on the short list. And in normal, everyday life, I have found the people of Philadelphia to be no less civil than folks anywhere else.

I have a couple of theories on Philly fan sports behavior. Maybe it's accurate, maybe it's not. The behavior of a few bad apples has gotten so much hype that it's to the point where it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The expectation is that Philadelphia sports fans are rude and obnoxious. So we look for it, and when there's an outburst by a couple of miscreants, the rest of the fans get labeled.

But that aside, I also believe the behavior is built up in the media, and in some respects, glorified because it demonstrates loyalty to the local teams. We play into it every time we say, "look how crazy those Eagles' fans are." We promulgate a system where misguided passion equals loyalty. The interesting phenomenon is that some fans probably join in on some of the deplorable behavior, although they wouldn't otherwise, because it has become the measurement by which loyalty is measured in Philadelphia, not just by the fans, but by everyone else.

Like I said -- it's a great city and the vast majority of their fans are passionate and civil. Like anywhere else, a couple of people ruin it for the others.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RyanTB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Mikey, I'm not sure what it is about Philadelphia and sports. The first time I had a nasty encounter with a Philly fan was during the 2002 NFC Championship. I went over to my friends house to watch it who is a Bucs fan, but from Philadelphia so his brother, sister, and Dad are all Eagles fans. His father was shouting racial slurs about the Bucs players. I was absolutely stunned because I never would've pictured this guy as having no class and being so childish. So although people may seem civil around the city, they aren't when it comes to their sports games.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:19 pm

RyanTB wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:

I'm calling you out. In fact, I don't think you even have a radio! You made up the whole thing!!!!!111
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk