Denny Green may be fired in Arizona..Just saw this - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denny Green may be fired in Arizona..Just saw this

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:58 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:It's all over the TV here. If the Cards are going to fire him during the season after the Green Bay game would be the time to do it. Give the poor b*****d who replaces two weeks to plan for his first a**-kicking.

Agreed. But making the move now gives them 3 weeks to prepare, including a scrimmage game with the Packers.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:59 am

JakeTrain72 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:It's all over the TV here. If the Cards are going to fire him during the season after the Green Bay game would be the time to do it. Give the poor b*****d who replaces two weeks to plan for his first a**-kicking.

Agreed. But making the move now gives them 3 weeks to prepare, including a scrimmage game with the Packers.

ziiiiing

:-b

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 am

Per Michael Bidwell, as reported by ESPN, Denny is not getting fired right now, at least.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636793

Arizona vice president and general counsel Michael Bidwell told The East Valley Tribune and The Arizona Republic that while the team's 1-6 start was "unacceptable", the Cardinals aren't ready to remove Green as the head coach.

"I'm here to tell you there isn't going to be any coaching change or ultimatum or vote of confidence," Bidwill told the Tribune.

When asked if that meant Green would stay through the rest of the season, Bidwill told the newspaper that "this is not what I want to be talking about right now. I cannot believe we are sitting here 1-6."

Bidwell told The Republic in a phone interview that he demanded an explanation from Green and Cardinals VP of football operations Rod Graves after the Cardinals' latest loss at previously winless Oakland.

"What I asked them, frankly, was, 'How in the hell did we get to 1-6?'" Bidwill told the newspaper. "Close losses don't count. We're 1-6, and we shouldn't be. I wanted to know what we were doing to correct it."
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:47 am

Green is gonna get fired .000001 seconds after the final gun in week 17. No sooner.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk