It's go time baby... (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

It's go time baby... (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's go time baby... (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:48 pm

I've waited a year. A full year to get back into position to survive through week 10. Last year I was down to one selection for 6 weeks leading up to week 10. I lost IN week 10 and I still had a bye... Granted this was "Sweet Sixteen" where 134 players were riding Indy week in and week out. I almost never took Indy. I took the high road and rooted madly against Indy week after week while I took another game. Eventually this caught up with me though and dashed all hope in week 10.

After that day in 2005 I vowed to come back with a vengeance.

So far 83 people have bit the dust. 83 people done. Gone. Removed from contention.

My measly two picks are suddenly ahead of many people. And pending the outcome tonight maybe even MORE.

Well my friends now is DO or DIE. With many of us choosing between 4 or even 3 games next week the pressure is on.

Who lives? Who dies? Which game WILL YOU TAKE?

Actually the better question is which game CAN you take...

All I know is come Wednesday when I open up that post in MM I'm going to be holding my breath. I've got a couple of sleeper games next week that I'm hoping like heck I'll be able to choose.

Good luck to all. I've been waiting a long while for this moment to arrive again...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:16 pm

Just stay away from the Skins and the Cowboys and you should be alright. ;-D :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:51 pm

I only discovered this forum this year and so i don't have any idea what that Sweet Sixteen is. What is the difference between Sweet 16 and MM? Which of them is more exciting?
Can this game be added again without removing MM?

Geez, 83 people out! Was a wacky Week 7!

Maybe we better stick with the Colts or the Bears. 8-o
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:10 am

madaslives911 wrote:I only discovered this forum this year and so i don't have any idea what that Sweet Sixteen is. What is the difference between Sweet 16 and MM? Which of them is more exciting?
Can this game be added again without removing MM?

Geez, 83 people out! Was a wacky Week 7!

Maybe we better stick with the Colts or the Bears. 8-o

Sweet sixteen was the same game only all of the games were allowed to be picked from each week. Now that new logic has been added to prevent the obvious picks from being chosen every week...it's a lot harder. I was able to make it into the playoff weeks last year...this year....out in week 7. :~(
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Warhawk » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:32 am

Flair for the dramatic much SniperShot?
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:37 am

Jimboozie wrote:Just stay away from the Skins and the Cowboys and you should be alright. ;-D :-b
Ugh this is good advice sadly. :-o

Warhawk wrote:Flair for the dramatic much SniperShot?
Knowing me, after posting this I'll go on to pick the two most lopsided games next week and go out horribly.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:12 am

1 pick left (thanks to Indy... :-o ) and my bye week still intact. I need to make it to week 10... please... just let me get to week 10!!! :~(

This is gonna be scary.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:08 pm

I wonder who takes Indy this week... I had them as an option, but I honestly think they will lose.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:13 pm

SniperShot wrote:I wonder who takes Indy this week... I had them as an option, but I honestly think they will lose.

I agree, I also had them as an option, but put my season on the line in favor of Carolina.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I wonder who takes Indy this week... I had them as an option, but I honestly think they will lose.

I agree, I also had them as an option, but put my season on the line in favor of Carolina.
Now that is an option I wish I had. Lucky you. I'm laying my life on the line with Green freaking Bay and the Giants who messed me up last year. :-o
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk