Harrison for Stallworth - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrison for Stallworth

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harrison for Stallworth

Postby mbrittb00 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:42 pm

Isn't this a loopsided trade. I really don't like to get into vetoing/voting against most trades (unless I believe collusion is involved), but to me this trade is so loopsided I have to consider it.

The guy giving up Harrison has Owens, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, and Keyshawn as his other WR (we start 3), but only has Dillon, Buckhalter and Betts as his RBs.

Seems to me like if you are going to give up a star WR and you really need a RB, you would try to get a RB.

Also consider the guy giving up Harrison is in last place and the guy giving up Stallworth is in 2nd.

Also, this is a limited keeper league, where we keep 4 players based on their draft position from the previous year.

Thoughs.
mbrittb00
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Hmm... it's a bad trade-down, for sure... wonder what this dude is thinking? I'd click the veto button for sure.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kellys Heroes » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:52 pm

Thats an Awful trade.... I could see if Stallworth was announced "Healthy and ready to go"... I would have to veto that
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:54 am

With Stallworth's injury (H**l, without it) this trade seems awfully hinky. I'm all for letting owners run their teams, but in this instance I smell a...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Crippler » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:01 am

Agreed. This reeks of collusion. Veto veto veto!

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:18 am

it's a bad trade. but you're not the trade police. it's not your responsibility to make sure no one in the league is dumb. i don't think it's collusive. i think the harrison owner was fed up with marvin underperforming and has high expectations of stallworth when he returns. is he getting good value? no. but that's not your concern. this trade is fair enough and should be left alone. i will reiterate that it is a stupid trade. but does not warrant vetoing.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:04 am

moonhead wrote:it's a bad trade. but you're not the trade police. it's not your responsibility to make sure no one in the league is dumb. i don't think it's collusive. i think the harrison owner was fed up with marvin underperforming and has high expectations of stallworth when he returns. is he getting good value? no. but that's not your concern. this trade is fair enough and should be left alone. i will reiterate that it is a stupid trade. but does not warrant vetoing.

That's where you need more info... what is the relationship between the two traders.

Stupid trades are not vetoable unless you have some proof of collusion.

This is kind of fishy, but its not clearly collusion.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Re: Harrison for Stallworth

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:20 am

mbrittb00 wrote:Also, this is a limited keeper league, where we keep 4 players based on their draft position from the previous year.

Question: what were the draft positions of Harrison and Stallworth? I could see someone in last place punting on this year, saying that Harrison is on the decline, Stallworth is on the upswing, and that in the games that he played Stallworth was the better producer.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:32 am

one for one trades in the same position are kind of tough to argue this is anything but collusion, and I hate vetoed trades.

Harrison is a) better by virtue of being on the field and b) better by virtue of history (I know that this is something that is greay, as we are trading for future performance, but based on history, harrison's ceiling is obviously higher) and c) draft position.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:37 am

It's a stupid trade but to me in no means vetoeable. A trade has to be either extremely 1 sided or really fishy,ie. the teams involved are related by some means. It's your game however but to me I wouldn't stop it.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk